This shore excursion takes you to the heart of the northwest, the seaside township of Stanley. On our way from Burnie sit back and enjoy the drive while we pass through picturesque farmlands to the left and captivating views of the Bass Strait to our right. Once in Stanley enjoy the short ride on the chairlift to The Nut. This odd-looking rock sits 143 metres above sea level and around 25 million years ago, was an active volcano. With 360-degree views of the Circular Head region, it makes for the perfect photo opportunity. See The Nut from a different perspective at Highfield House, built in the 1830s, this historic home has a few stories to tell! Spend some time wandering around this stunning old homestead and through the well-maintained grounds before having some time to explore Stanley. Stop by Godfrey's Beach, Hursey's Seafood for a tasty lunch, or take a self-guided walk around the historic homes of Stanley.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Nut State Reserve, Browns Road, Stanley, Tasmania Australia
Visit one of the North West's top attractions, The Nut at Stanley. Take the chairlift up to the flat plateau to take in the 360 degree views of the Circular Head region. Millions of years ago The Nut was an active volcano and what's left now is known as a 'volcanic plug'. Learn more about this fascinating formation, or just enjoy the views!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Highfield Historic Site, 143 Green Hills Road, Stanley, Tasmania 7331 Australia
Take a self guided tour through this historic homestead and the beautiful gardens surrounding the home. Highfield House was built in the mid 1830s and has been lovingly restored over the years to ensure generations to come can continue enjoying this stunning historic site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stanley TAS 7331, Australia
One of the best places to visit in the North West region, Stanley has something for everyone. We'll get some free time to explore this lovely seaside village. Head down to Godfrey's Beach for some sun, enjoy tasty fresh seafood at Hursey's for lunch or visit the Joe Lyons Cottage, the old homestead of Tasmania's only Prime Minister.
We will spend roughly three hours in the bus driving to and from Stanley. Sit back and soak in the gorgeous views of the Circular Head area while our driver/guide shares their knowledge of the area.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Admission to Highfield Historic Site
- Chairlift ride to The Nut
- Entry/Admission - The Nut State Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Highfield Historic Site
- Coffee and/or Tea
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania Pty Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.