This product is specifically designed for Cruise Ship passengers. Land based passengers should book through product 13015P1 for the same itinerary.
From the wharf you will drive to the 1,270-metre (4,167ft) peak of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart. See kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
The tour then follows the scenic Coal River to the heritage town of Richmond to discover the secrets of Tasmania's convict history. Finally visitors will see kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Food and refreshments are available at Bonorong and at the Bakery in Richmond.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Visitors will be transported to the summit of Mt. Wellington. From here they will have a panoramic view of Hobart from a lofty 1270 m above sea level. Visitors will be left to their own devices at the top of the mountain.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
In Richmond, visitors will gain insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur, with a stroll through the oldest goal in Tasmania. They will also see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia and St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia, then they can wander around, and explore on their own, this quaint little hamlet, with its numerous old and heritage listed buildings, arts and craft galleries, antique shops, etc. A visit to the Old Hobart Town model, set out as Hobart was in the 1820s, is well worth while.
An allowance of 60 minutes has been scheduled for the stop in Richmond. This is enough time to grab a quick snack at the bakery, hotel or café, and explore what Richmond has to offer (on your own). We DO NOT recommend having a sit down meal in a cafe or restaurant, as this will eat up your hour allowance in itself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Customers will be dropped off at the entrance to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Visitors will be given an introductory talk by one of the Bonorong Wildlife Keepers and advised how the sanctuary has been set up for the day for visitors. There will either be a 40 minute walking tour or, when there are large crowds (which is usual on Cruise Ship days) there will be keepers stationed at the three main animals of interest, to provide information on these animals. These are the Wombat, the Tasmanian Devils and the Koalas. Food for the Kangaroos will be provided (included in the entrance fee).
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This product is designed specifically for cruise ship passengers and is restricted to days when cruise ships are docking in Hobart. Land-based visitors and passengers wanting to book a small-group tour, should book this same tour using product 13015P1.
- Please report to the meeting point as soon as possible for early departure, no later than 9:45am. The departure time will be adjusted for ships arriving later. Groups should arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult as child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated, providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned small bus or luxury coach
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Food and drinks (available for purchase at Bonorong and Richmond)
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 9:00 am and 9:30 am, for departure by 10:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus. As buses are filled, they depart.
5 to 6 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.