A stunning day of dramatic “Wilderness, Waterfalls and Wildlife”. With forest walks, up close animals and magnificent views this day tour offers “Classic Tasmania” in one spectacular day!
• Explore the Mt. Field National Park (4 hrs)
• Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls (easy grade 40 mins)
• Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
• Be amazed along the Tall Trees Track (easy grade 30 mins)
• Enjoy the unique Alpine area along the Pandani Grove Track (easy grade 40 mins)
• Photograph the spectacular alpine Lake Dobson
• Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
• Enjoy the ferocious action of a Tassie Devil Feeding
• Hand feed the wallabies
• Stand atop kunanyi/Mt. Wellington 1271m for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park, Tasmania Australia
Mt. Field National Park offers a variety of walks in Tasmania’s oldest National Park. Most famous for Russell Falls & the Tall Trees we explore the various walks and regions of this diverse area which is only a 1.5 hr drive from Hobart.
Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognisable waterfall with its 3-tiered drop. It is an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track that takes us to this photogenic waterfall and beyond to Horseshoe Falls. We also make our way along the Tall Trees Track where high above us stand the giant Swamp Gums 80 metres tall. This is a series of short, spectacular walks amongst the cool and quiet rainforest, eucalypts, streams and local wildlife.
Further up into the National Park we join the Pandani Grove Trail which takes us around the alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in this lesser visited region of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded with snow in the winter months – just gorgeous! The vegetation dates to Gondwanaland days giving this area an enchanting and ancient feel.
We enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings at Mt. Field before continuing onwards for the day.
We visit Bonorong Wildlife Park which is home to many of our rescued and well-loved wildlife. Tassie Devils are close up; wallabies are freely hopping around the park and many more of our local favourites are easily discovered here.
To top off this very Tasmanian day we head to the summit of kunanyi /Mt. Wellington (1271m) Hobart’s iconic backdrop. The views from the top are breathtaking and the vista is expansive. This is a fantastic way to wrap up a day exploring many of Tassie’s most unique and noteworthy experiences, rainforests, waterfalls, wildlife and fabulous scenery.
We return you to your Hobart central city accommodation around 5.30 – 6.00pm.
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- National Park entrance Fee's
- Wildlife Park entrance fee's
- Devil feeding
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Russell Falls
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on tour)
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Traveler pickup is offered
To arrange a Hotel pickup please email your tour operator at email@example.com
You will be returned to your original pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.