Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!” Join us for this action-packed huge day out exploring the very best of Tasmania’s East Coast. We enjoy a variety of short walks, National Park coastal scenery & delicious local food opportunities along the way (local oysters, berries, ice-creams and hand-made chocolates!)
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
• Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
• Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay Road, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania 7215 Australia
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet peninsula, we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world – famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill.
From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach.
Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart.
We have a short stop to see the local highlight, convict built Spikey Bridge and no trip to the East Coast is complete without a stop at the delicious Kate’s Berry Farm. Kate is serving up Berry Ice-creams, desserts and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies, a delectable way to finish the day!
We return to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- National Park entrance fees
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Freycinet National Park
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Traveler pickup is offered
To arrange a Hotel pickup. please email us.
We offer Hotel & Hostel pick ups from select Hobart central city locations
11 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.