This day trip explores south of Hobart and takes you to the Tahune Forest Airwalk – a cantilevered bridge that allows you to walk through the treetops 40 metres above the ground! Further south still, we stop at the Hasting Caves for a swim in the thermal pools and a spectacular underground cave walk. Walk through the treetops, bring your swimwear for the thermal pool, and bring a jacket for the caves as we enjoy an action packed day south of Hobart.
• Visit the Tahune Airwalk Forest Reserve
• Walk amongst the trees on the Cantilever 40m above the ground
• Discover Tasmania’s ancient trees on the Huon Pine Walk
• Walk above the river on the Swinging Bridges Walk
• Visit Hastings Caves State Reserve
• Enjoy the fully guided Cave Tour, 40 m below the ground
• Take a swim in the Thermal Springs swimming pool
• Drive the Huon Valley and discover Tasmania’s diverse Apple growing history
• Enjoy seasonal roadside stops – Honey Tasting, Ice-creams, Berries, Apples, Cherries
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
Today’s tour takes us south of Hobart through the picturesque Huon Valley a region famous for its abundant produce of apples, pears, cherries and fish farming.
Our first adventure for today is to explore the Tahune Forest Airwalk. We head up the short hill to begin our walk along the Cantilever. It stretches for 597 m through the treetops. Enjoy the sensation of being suspended above the Huon River with breathtaking views across the treetops and surrounding mountains. We have time to explore and enjoy more walking here at Tahune. We can take on a longer walk (45mins) to experience the “Swinging Bridges”. With a 50m span across the river this is another thrilling experience and makes for fabulous photos! For a more “tame” experience there is the easy 20 minute Huon Pine Walk where these famous and unique local trees grow alongside the river with some as old as 2000 years, a delightful and enchanting short walk.
We continue our journey south to the Hastings Cave Reserve. This is a quiet, remote and spectacular area where we enjoy a variety of activities and soak up the unique atmosphere. Bring your swimming gear and jump into the Thermal Springs swimming pool where the water is always 28 degrees, fed by the naturally heated waters of the thermal springs nearby. OR just relax in the beautiful forest surrounds, wander along the Hot Springs Nature Trail where the warm water meets the cool water, and also home to the unique & playful Platypus, keep your eye out for this elusive local.
We head underground to explore the spectacular cave which is Australia’s largest tourist Dolomite Cave. We join the underground tour expertly conducted by the National Parks & Wildlife guides. The cave temperature is always 9 degrees so bring your jumper along.
Our return to Hobart allows us the opportunity to make some short stops along the way. There is opportunity to stop at the many roadside stalls and collect some delicious local produce such as Cherries, Berries, Apples, Ice-creams and also a stop for a honey tasting along the way. (fruit & produce stops are seasonal and may also vary due to changeable operating hours of the various operators.)
We return to Hobart City accommodation around 5.30-6.00pm.
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- This is an active tour and walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from select central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- National park entrance fees
- Tahune Airwalk entrance fees
- Hastings Caves & Thermal Springs Pool fees
- Guided Tour of Hastings Caves
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- We offer a Hotel pick up from most central city Hotels and Hostels
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on tour.
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Traveler pickup is offered
• Hotel pick ups are scheduled between 7.00am - 7.25am from select hotels and hostels in the central city area (tour departs Hobart at 7.30am)
• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to your departure
• If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point is 7.25am at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (20 Davey Street, Hobart)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.