Our tours offer guests an active day walking in nature while enjoying the beautiful surrounds . On this tour we Visit Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park with opportunities to enjoy the local seafood, ice-cream & history along the way. Tour itineraries are fast paced and active designed to fit in as much as possible into the day, including hiking, sightseeing, and many stops along the way. We do offer shorter walking options for our guests wanting an easier day out.
• Explore Freycinet National Park
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
• Option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay
• Visit beautiful Honeymoon Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
• Enjoy some fresh oysters from the Marine Farm
• Reward yourself with local hand-crafted ice cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day!
• Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Convict Brick Trail, 120 High St, Campbell Town, Tasmania 7210 Australia
We depart Launceston today travelling through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. We make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Tourville Lighthouse, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
The amazing view of The Hazards mountain range greet us as we enter the Freycinet National Park. We begin by stretching our legs on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse circuit. One of Tasmania’s Great Short Walks, this easy 20 minute walk provides spectacular 360 degree views of the surrounding coastline
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wineglass Bay Lookout, Road C302 Inside Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania 7215 Australia
Then we pack our lunch and begin our walk to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout; this is a moderate uphill walk of around 60 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views, and let our guide help you with those sought after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wineglass Bay, Freycinet rd, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen hikers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the Wineglass Bay beach hike, and enjoy some time on the famous beach.
Wineglass Bay Beach hike – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and good fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Honeymoon Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and you will have time to relax at Honeymoon Bay in the afternoon.
We re-group ready for the return journey. While still on the East Coast we make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted Ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie! Then it is onwards into Launceston returning around 6.00pm.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7:00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- National Park entrance fees
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- We offer a Hotel pick up from select central city Hotels.
- Entry/Admission - Cape Tourville Lighthouse
- Entry/Admission - Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Wineglass Bay
- Entry/Admission - Honeymoon Bay
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
29 Cameron St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.