Bruny is an island off an island off an island! Famous for its local produce and spectacular coastal scenery, we enjoy an amazing morning walk, optional seafood lunch and then indulge in Bruny’s delicious local fare in the afternoon.
• Walk to the spectacular Arch and rock formation on Miles Beach via Mars Bluff
• Climb the stairs to the top of Trugannini Lookout at The Neck
• Visit Two Tree Point, Resolution Creek and Coal Point
• Relax on the beach at Adventure Bay with your own lunch OR enjoy your lunch at Pennicotts Seafood Restaurant (own expense)
• Visit Bruny Island Chocolate Co.
• Visit Bruny Island Honey
• Visit Bruny Island Cheese Co.
• Visit Get Shucked Oyster Farm for takeaway fresh oysters
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kettering, Kettering, Kingborough, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
Join us for an early morning start, beating the crowds to Bruny Island! We depart Hobart heading south, a scenic 30 minute drive takes us to Kettering and the Ferry terminal. Here you will have an opportunity to purchase any breakfast, snacks, or lunch supplies that you may need for the day ahead, then we board the ferry bound for Bruny Island.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bruny Island, Bruny Island, Tasmania
We begin our adventures on the island with a spectacular walk highlighting the amazing coastal scenery. We follow the Cape Queen Elizabeth trail. We don’t complete the full walk today, we walk to Mars Bluff, Miles Beach, the unique rock formations and then return. The first 30 - 40 minutes of the walk is an easy stroll along a wide, sandy track that takes you towards the beach through coastal heathland. We pass between Big Lagoon and Little Lagoon, home to a large number of water birds. A short 10 minute uphill takes us over Mars Bluff, where the slight elevation provides a beautiful vantage of the surrounding coast. We walk down onto Miles Beach and explore the unique rock formations. We have plenty of time to take in this wonderful location, photograph the Arch and enjoy some morning tea before returning back to the start of the trail. The walk we complete is a total of around 6 kilometres, and is classified as easy, coastal walking over mostly flat terrain.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bruny Island Neck Game Reserve, Great Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania Australia
Next stop on our Bruny adventure is the isthmus joining North and South Bruny island – this area is known as The Neck and is the location of Trugannini Lookout. There are 279 stairs to the top where you will be well rewarded with fantastic views! We take a moment here to explore and spot the penguin burrows among the sand dunes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Adventure Bay, Adventure Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania
Onwards from The Neck, we stop for some local history at Two Tree Point, Resolution Creek and Coal Point before arriving into Adventure Bay. Adventure Bay is the main “Hub” of Bruny Island and the location for our lunch break. You can relax on the beach with some free time and your own lunch, or you can join our tour guide for lunch at Bruny Island Cruises Seafood Restaurant. A wonderful beachfront location.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bruny Island Chocolate Company, 55 Adventure Bay Rd South Bruny National Park, South Bruny, Bruny Island, Tasmania 7150 Australia
We re-group after lunch ready for a leisurely afternoon discovering Bruny Island’s world-renown artisan produce. We make stops at Bruny Island Chocolate Company (Award winning chocolate company specialising in handmade cream fudges, chocolate products),
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bruny Island Honey, 2184 Bruny Island Main Rd, Great Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania 7150 Australia
Our next stop takes us to Bruny Island Honey where you can enjoy free tastings of the natural honey produced on the Island and delicious honey ice cream. The next tasting treat is Bruny Island Cheese Co. (Artisan cheese-maker and Brewer, including cellar door tastings), and Get Shucked Oyster Farm (Producing oysters in the pure water of Great Bay).
After a full day of scenery, seafood, beaches and delicious tastes on the island – we return to Hobart around 5.00pm.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- • Professional guide & interpretative walks
- • Small, friendly groups
- • Central Hobart pick up and drop off from select hotels only
- • Bruny Island Ferry
- Lunch - You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a Bakery style lunch. Or join our guide for lunch at Pennicotts Seafood Restaurant
20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.