Cradle Mountain is a not to be missed highlight when visiting Launceston, Tasmania. Discover this amazing wilderness area as you enjoy 5-hours exploring the Cradle Mountain day walking area, with a variety of short and longer walking options. See beautiful Dove Lake, climb to a lofty peak for amazing views, discover the local wombats and the natural history of this World Heritage environment.
• Explore Cradle Mountain National Park & World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
• Stand on the shore of the spectacular setting of Dove Lake
• Enjoy some short introductory walks and interpretation to the area
• Walk along the “Rainforest City” & “Pencil Pine Falls” tracks
• Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk (easy grade 6km’s)
• Or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout (medium grade 3 hours)
• Explore the historic Weindorfers Chalet
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Launceston TAS, Australia
We depart Launceston and head towards Sheffield, the town of murals and,enjoy a short stop here.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sheffield, Sheffield, Tasmania
The Town of Murals. Sheffield is a small and quirky rural village, in the foothills of the mountains. Sheffield is Tasmania’s own outdoor art gallery, featuring over 100 paintings on the walls of buildings across the town. The artwork depicts the history of the Cradle Mountain region and is a great taster of what is to come, before we continue onwards into the mountains.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
We arrive at Cradle Mountain National Park, an area of iconic scenery with a wide variety of walking trails to choose. Cradle Mountain is a stunning and World Heritage listed area. We leave our walking itinerary flexible to suit our guests and the weather conditions on the day. Arriving at the Cradle Mountain National Park, we prepare for the walking opportunities ahead of us. We aim for around 4 – 5 hours in the National Park, to really make the most of the trails. We begin with a series of short walks to Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls, 2 short and easy walks that introduce us to the area.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Dove Lake Circuit, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park Tasmanian World Heritage Wilderness Area, Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
Our main hike for today's tour, begins from Dove Lake with 2 walking options available. Here you can choose your preferred main walk. There is the iconic Dove Lake Circuit, which is a 6 kilometre track, classified as easy and usually takes 2-3 hours. This is one of the premier walks in Tasmania, the track undulates around Dove Lake and traverses beneath Cradle Mountain. All the magnificent flora can be viewed on this walk, with buttongrass, myrtle, sassafras, fagus and King Billy Pine along the way, along with epic views of Cradle Mountain.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marion's Lookout Walk, Ronny Creek Car Park, Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
For the more active and avid hiker, we offer the chance to climb to the loftier heights of Marion’s Lookout. This is around 4 kilometers but is classified as a medium grade hike, with some steep sections. Marions Lookout sits at 1200m and provides breathtaking 360 degree views of the surrounding World Heritage wilderness area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Weindorfers Forest Walk, Dove Lake Road Ronny Creek Carpark, Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania 7306 Australia
We stop along the way for a lunch break, enjoy a rest by a quiet stream, watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat, or take the time to photograph the landscapes. Learn some of the local history as we visit Weindorfer’s Chalet and see the ancient King Billy Pines on Weindorfer’s Forest Walk.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Christmas Hill Raspberry Farm, Elizabet Town 9 Christmas Hill Rd, Elizabeth Town, Tasmania 7304 Australia
On our return to Launceston, we stop to refresh and refuel at the delicious Van Dieman's Land Ice Creamery and Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm. We return into Launceston around 6.00 – 6.30pm after a huge yet unforgettable Cradle Mountain day.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We reserve the right to vary any trip in the event of bad weather or road closure and will incur no liability for any such alteration.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tours
- National Park entrance fees
- Professionally guided and interpreted walks
- We offer a Hotel pick up from select central city Hotels
- Entry/Admission - Cradle Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Dove Lake Circuit
- Entry/Admission - Marion's Lookout Walk
- Entry/Admission - Weindorfers Forest Walk
- • Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase on tour)
- • We do not offer pick ups from Air BnB’s and private residences
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston, 29 Cameron St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.