An action packed tour day from Hobart to Launceston via the world famous Wineglass Bay and the East Coast. This tour features stunning Coastal landscapes while visiting Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its spectacular coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails. Spend about 4-hours within the National park and then travel on to The Freycinet Marine Farm for all those seafood lovers.
While still on the East Coast we make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted Ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie! Then it is onwards into Launceston arriving around 6.30pm.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wineglass Bay, Freycinet rd, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
An action-packed tour day travelling from Hobart to Launceston via the world-famous Wineglass Bay and Tasmania’s stunning East Coast.
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet area we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters’ fresh from the surrounding pristine waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world – famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought-after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill.
From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach.
Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip to Launceston. Before leaving the East Coast, we make one final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted Ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie!
Then it is onwards into Launceston arriving around 6.30pm.
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
• Reward yourself with local hand crafted ice-cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day!
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from select central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off (No Air BnB pickups available)
- Entry/Admission - Wineglass Bay
- Food and drinks (there is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way such as a bakery style/takeaway lunch. You are also welcome to bring along your own packed lunch)
Traveler pickup is offered
• Hotel pick ups are scheduled between 7.00am - 7.25am from select hotels and hostels in the central city area (tour departs Hobart at 7.30am)
• Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to your departure
• If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point is 7.25am at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (20 Davey Street, Hobart)
11 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.