Join us on a fun and action packed day out visiting the World-Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site. We stop along the way at the delightful Port Arthur Lavender Farm where you can view the Lavender Fields, distillery or head straight to the gift shop and café for an array of Lavender inspired foods and gifts. Our action-packed day out includes a stunning cliff top walk taking in the highest cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere, Richmond Historic Village and a short stop for a chocolate tasting at a local Chocolate Factory.
• Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (3 hours)
• Explore Port Arthur Lavender Farm
• Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk
• See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
• Enjoy stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The
• Sample the local chocolates at Federation Chocolate Factory
• Visit historic Richmond Village
• Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
Join us for a fun and action-packed day out on the Tasman Peninsula. Explore, discover and learn with our guides as we enjoy a variety of activities, walks, sightseeing, history, chocolate tasting and much more!
Today is action packed and fast paced, so we make an early start from Hobart and drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery. It is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout which provides a great vantage here of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and “The Dogline” our Tour Guides will share with you some truly amazing history and stories of the area.
Then we begin one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks”. We follow a spectacular track, of around 2 km’s along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes, is undulating, but categorised as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
From here we will drop you off for a short visit to the Port Arthur Lavender Farm. Enjoy a self-guided wander around the Lavender grounds, look over the Distilling Shed and enjoy the free samples of the local handmade Lavender Chocolates and Lavender Fudge. Your guide will then take you onwards to the Port Arthur Historic Site.
As we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, there is a wealth of information and history to take in and you will have ample time to explore and discover the nooks and crannies with around 3 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system and get a sense of the isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”. With around 4 hours here, you have ample time to walk amongst the main penitentiary; see the solitary confinement cells and many more buildings in this World Heritage open air museum.
On our return to Hobart, we make a stop at Federation Chocolate Factory, a small family run boutique chocolate stop, with a variety of chocolate flavours to sample. Further along we arrive in the late afternoon into historic Richmond Village. Meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Finally, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view across Hobart from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 5.00–5.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
- Chocolate and Fudge samples at Port Arthur Lavender
- Professional guides & interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- We offer a Hotel pickup from most central city hotels and Hostels.
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Food and drinks - There is opportunity to purchase food and drinks at Port Arthur.
- No Pickup available from Air BnB's or private residences
Traveler pickup is offered
To arrange a hotel pick up please email your tour operator at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.