Join us on a fun and action packed day out visiting the World-Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site. We stop along the way at the delightful Port Arthur Lavender where you can view the Lavender Fields, distillery or head straight to the gift shop and café for an array of Lavender inspired foods and gifts. A delicious place to enjoy morning tea.
• Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (3 hours)
• Explore Port Arthur Lavender and enjoy a delicious morning tea of Lavender inspired foods and drinks in the cafe.
• Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk
• See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
• Enjoy stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The
• Visit historic Richmond Village
• Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pirates Bay/Eaglehawk Neck, Southeast Tasmania, Tasmania Australia
Today is action packed and fast paced, so we make an early start from Hobart and drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula. This area has amazing history, fascinating stories and spectacular scenery. It is also home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout which provides a great vantage here of the surrounding area.
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and "The Dogline" our Tour Guides will share with you some fascinating stories and history of the area.
Duration: 11 hours
Stop At: Waterfall Bay, Tasman Arch Carpark, Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania Australia
The Waterfall Bay track is one of Tasmania's "Great Short Walks". We follow a spectacular track, of around 2 km’s along the spectacular cliff tops. The walk takes around 45-60 minutes, is undulating, but categorised as an easy walk. Suitable for active and fit people. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
You will have time to enjoy a visit to Port Arthur Lavender’s visitor centre and café. Here they showcase millennia-old uses of this fragrant flower alongside modern cuisine and a fully functioning essential oil distillery.
Stroll around the lavender trail or take in the ocean views while enjoying fresh Tasmanian produce in the lavender-inspired café.
Next stop is Port Arthur Historic Site. You will find a wealth of information and history to take in and discover. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system and get a sense of the isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”. With around 3 hours here, you have ample time to explore the main penitentiary; see the solitary confinement cells and many more buildings in this World Heritage open air museum.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Richmond, Richmond, Clarence, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
On our return to Hobart, we travel via the historic township of Richmond. Arriving late the in the afternoon, you will have time to meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop, check out the Chocolatier and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Finally, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view across Hobart from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your Hobart City accommodation around 6.00pm.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Your safety is our priority. Tours operate in compliance with current local regulations.
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
- Professional guides & interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- We offer a Hotel pickup from select central city Hotels..
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Food and drinks - There is opportunity to purchase food and drinks at Port Arthur.
- No Pickup available from Air BnB's or private residences
20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.