Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local home with your host and professional chef Tonya. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Tonya will teach you three modern Australian dishes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. Tonya trained as a chef in Melbourne as well as at Le Cordon Bleu and the Ritz Escoffier in Paris. She has an extensive personal culinary library of over 3000 cookbooks! Tonya loves teaching cooking and enthusiastically shares the Australian way of life, its food, culture and history. Through the experience of cooking and dining in her home you will get to discover everything you've always wanted to know about Australia's culture and cuisine!
Notes: Tonya can offer vegetarian, low-carb and gluten free meals on request. A glass of wine is included in your experience cost.
About This Deal
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Tonya warmly welcomes you into her beautiful modern apartment overlooking St. Kilda marina and Port Philip Bay with tea and cake. Tonya's food philosophy is to cook with fresh, seasonal, locally-produced ingredients using simple recipes that help enhance the natural flavors of the food, making the food look and taste delicious.
During your hands-on Melbourne cooking class, learn to make three modern Australian dishes that you will enjoy together. Tonya starts your 3-hour cooking lesson by giving you an overview of the menu that you will be preparing, and providing helpful tips for the preparation and cooking process. A few dishes that you might prepare are oysters and verjus jelly with a shallot dressing, green peppercorn and chive jus, slow-roasted ocean trout with creamy, lemony mayonnaise and native finger limes, or hazelnut torte with blueberries. At the end of your cooking class you will be given a folder to take home with all the recipes and tips that you learned so you can easily recreate the meal at home.
• Scallop ceviche with a pear, ginger and lime dressing
• Slow-roasted ocean trout with a creamy aioli and native Australian finger limes
• Pavlova with vanilla cream or chocolate fondant with berries and ice-cream
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian, low-carb and gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private cooking class with your host Tonya
- Homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1 glass)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.