Your local host Ella offers a hands-on cooking experience, where you will get to cook along with her in her kitchen. Ella lives in a lovely art deco apartment with retro styling in inner Melbourne. Her kitchen is small, however the dining table is big and perfect for demonstrations and food prepping!
The cooking portion of the experience will last about 1.5 hours during which you will learn to make an appetizer, main dish and dessert. Ella loves to cook contemporary Australian meals with produce, herbs and spices sourced from aboriginal farms. An example of some of the dishes you might cook together are king prawns marinated in a salt bush and lemon myrtle spice mix topped with finger limes for a dash of citrus, peppered Kangaroo, and a fresh tomato salad with samphire. Your meal will conclude with beach bananas and lamingtons, a classic Australian chocolate dessert.
Join this welcoming local for an unforgettable cultural and culinary experience!
About This Deal
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Ella lives in a lovely art-deco apartment in inner Melbourne, conveniently located just outside a tram stop. She offers a hands-on experience where you will get to cook together to learn to prepare 2-3 contemporary Australian dishes featuring native produce and ingredients. Ella has a modest kitchen, however her dining table is big and the perfect spot for demonstrations and preparing the meal. The cooking portion of the experience will last for 1-2 hours during which will learn to make an appetizer, main dish and dessert. Then sit down at Ella's dining table to enjoy your culinary creations!
• fresh tomato salad
• king prawns with salt bush
• finger limes and lemon-myrtle spice mix
• peppered Kangaroo
• lamington - a classic Australian dessert of layered sponge cake covered in chocolate and coconut.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and halal option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Ella
- Homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.