Meet your local host Ally in her Diamond Creek kitchen where she will teach you to make two local dishes from scratch, using fresh ingredients and herbs from her garden. Before you start your hands-on cooking class, Ally will give you a small tour of her beautiful garden and show you all the fruits, vegetables and herbs she grows. After you pluck a few herbs together, you will cook along with Ally in her large, beautiful kitchen.
The cooking portion of the experience will last for 1-2 hours and you will learn to make a salad and a main dish. Potential dishes you may prepare are freshly baked sour dough bread or focaccia served with an Australian dukkah and homemade goat cheese drizzled with lemon, followed by chicken which has been deboned and stuffed with wild rice, herbs, walnuts, currants and lemon zest and then roasted and served with homemade chutneys or chilli jamhoney.
Come join this welcoming host for a private and authentic culinary experience!
What You'll Get
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. You will be welcomed by Ally to her beautiful and spacious home with a refreshing drink. Ally’s food is modern Australian and is inspired by a variety of different cultures and flavors. She will teach you to make two Australian-inspired dishes from scratch using fresh ingredients and herbs from from her garden. Before you start your hands-on experience, Ally will give you a small tour of her garden and will show you all the fruits, vegetables and herbs she grows. After you pluck a few herbs from her garden, cook alongside with Ally in her large, beautiful kitchen. The cooking portion of the experience will last for 1-2 hours during which you will learn to make a salad and a main dish. Then enjoy your meal together, which will be served with a couple other dishes Ally might have prepared in advance.
• Roasted free range chicken rolled in wild rice, currants and pesto
• Freshly-baked foccacia - served with Australian dukkah and homemade goats cheese drizzled with honey
• Kaffir lime panna cotta served with berry coulis
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private cooking class
- Homecooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.