Join Bundjalung Nation descendant Luther Cora, ‘The Black Cockatoo’, and our professional crabber on the unique four-hour Australian Pot to Plate Adventure. Learn about the region’s evocative past as ‘The Black Cockatoo’ and the 'Crab Man' take you into the heart of mud crab headquarters, the Terranora Lakes mangrove system.
This is an adventure only an few will experience; Luther will explain the local traditional hunting methods and then take you on a walk through the mangroves to hunt crabs. Afterwards, cook the crab on an open fire and learn about the regions history.
Luther and the crab man take you to see how crabs are caught today. Pull up the pots to check the crab’s pots for lunch. Pot to Plate, you catch it, we cook it! Dine on freshly caught Mud crab, freshly shucked oysters, salads, tropical fruits, walk on deserted islands and view the birdlife which inhabit the mangroves. Only Tweed Eco Cruises, the eco tour specialists offer this unique Aussie adventure.
What You'll Get
• 3-hour cruise aboard Captain Bill’s Explorer.
• 90-minute tour with Crab Man, your personal guide.
• Lunch on mud crabs & oysters, with a glass wine.
• Morning tea.
• Pelican and seabird feeding.
• All equipment.
• Freshly shucked oysters.
• Join our 3-hour cruise for morning tea and lunch, but in between be met by Crab Man and his specialized boat for this 90-minute adventure offered exclusively by TEC.
• Yabbie pumping (bait collecting on sandy islands) with Crab Man. Waterproof waders provided.
• Trapping for your mud crab lunch.
• Exploring mangrove channels other boats cannot reach.
• Eat freshly shucked oysters at the oyster farm.
• Crab Man briefing about your freshly caught lunch.
• Pot to plate … watch your catch be cooked on the back deck of Captain Bill’s Explorer!
• Fresh, sweet tasting female mud crab – a rarity
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Food tasting
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
2 River Terrace, Tweed Heads NSW 2485, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tweed Eco Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.