If you are new to Sydney (or only here for a short visit) this experience is designed to give you the best orientation of Sydney and the inner city suburbs. The tour will also appeal to locals interested in learning more about the history of Sydney, Australia, and how it came to be.
The Story of Sydney takes you on an intimate journey through Sydney from 1788 to today. You will discover the history, lifestyle and culture of the diverse neighbourhoods.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
The tour begins in Australia’s oldest suburb, The Rocks, you will explore the history and discover how the area has evolved from a penal colony to housing two of the world’s most prominent icons. Listen to intriguing stories of early European settlers, like how Governor Lachlan Macquarie and his wife, Elizabeth, changed the face of Sydney with their tremendous vision.
The story unfolds as you travel past iconic landmarks, and through many charming and vibrant neighbourhoods on route to Watsons Bay and Bondi Beach. Discover the lively street culture, entertainment and shopping opportunities of Chinatown, Darling Harbour, and Australia’s largest urban development, Barangaroo, before returning to your hotel.
Stop At: Sydney Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales Australia
View the Harbour from lookout locations
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: The Rocks, The Rocks, New South Wales
This is where the Story begins
Stop At: Mrs Macquarie's Chair, 1D Mrs Macquaries Rd The Rocks Visitors Centre, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Enjoy the spectacular views across the harbour towards Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Woolloomooloo Wharf, 6 Cowper Wharf Rd Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales 2011 Australia
Starting from Woolloomooloo then onto neighbourhoods such as Kings Cross, Potts Point and Paddington
Pass By: Double Bay, Double Bay, New South Wales
Luxury neighbourhoods of Double Bay, Darling Point, Rose Bay and Vaucluse
Stop At: Watsons Bay, Watsons Bay, Woollahra, New South Wales
View and take a short coastal walk of The Gap
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bondi Beach, Bondi Beach, New South Wales
Another photo opportunity and time to have a short walk
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Darlinghurst, Darlinghurst, New South Wales
Home to our fabulous Mardi Gras
Pass By: Chinatown, George St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Chinatown, Darling Harbour and Barangaroo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick up and drop off from your CBD city hotel (or convenient CBD city location)
- Wear comfortable shoes for other optional short walks
- Remember your camera
- Sunhat / warm jacket as per weather conditions
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. Passengers to supply infant seats.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Travel in a Luxury Mercedes vehicle upto 11 passengers and sit back to explore Sydney at it's best
- Intriguing commentary that reveals interesting stories of Woolloomoloo and Kings Cross, and explores why and how Sydney/Australia has come to be
- Must-see iconic landmarks like The Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
- Travel through Double-Bay, for Sydney’s most exclusive shopping
- Coast through charming and hidden neighbourhoods like Paddington and Woollahra, while soaking up the ambiance of the leafy streets
- Discover how Darlinghurst went from a hill of windmills to the home of Sydney’s Mardi Gras
- Witness the vibrant street culture, entertainment and shopping in Chinatown and Barangaroo
- Relaxed short walks along stunning harbour and coastal paths at The Gap, Watsons Bay and Bondi Beach
- Plenty of photo opportunities of iconic Sydney architecture and famous landmarks along the way
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and Beverage
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ultimately Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.