From the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart’s scenic waterfront, this is the ultimate bike riding adventure experience.
Starting from Hobart’s waterfront we head to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington for spectacular views across Southern Tasmania including an elevated look over the beautiful city of Hobart. After soaking in the views we experience Tasmania’s ultimate downhill bicycle ride – 1272 metres to sea level. Along the way, this 21 km guided journey captures contrasting landscapes from sub-alpine and mountain rainforests to the vibrant waterfront of Hobart. For the more adventurous an optional off-road section is available. This tour is suitable for anyone who can confidently ride a bike and meets safety requirements of a minimum height of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Meet your group at the pick-up point on Hobart's waterfont. Our guides will take you up the mountain in our comfortable tour vehicle, providing insights into Hobart and kunanyi/Mt Wellington along way. Take in the incredible scenery as we ascend to the summit. Here, take in the panoramic views over Hobart and the surrounding mountains and the Derwent River. After getting fit out with a quality mountain bike and helmet, and receiving the safety briefing, begin our downhill cycle adventure, with brief stops along the way including The Chalet, The Springs and an optional off-road section before stopping again at The Cascade Brewery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascade Brewery, 131 Cascade Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
We cycle past Australia's oldest brewery, stopping briefly for photos and insights.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Cascade Gardens, 2 McRobies Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
We cycle leisurely through the magnificent gardens.
Pass By: Cascades Female Factory Historic Site, 16 Degraves St South Hobart, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
We cycle past this World Heritage Listed Site; our guide will point out the site so that it might be visited at another time.
Pass By: Arthur Circus Park, Runnymeade St, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
As we wind our way through historic and scenic Battery Point, we ride around Arthur Circus with a brief stop to explain the area's fascinating history.
Pass By: Salamanca Square, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Cycle along the historic and picturesque Salamanca area. Finish our tour back at the starting point on Hobart's waterfront.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 12 not permitted.
- For comfort and safety reasons, there is a strict minimum height requirement of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
- Long trousers are a good idea if it is looking chilly outside. Shorts are fine on warm days. If you are wearing long trousers, we will provide bands to protect them from the chain. Sneakers or walking shoes are the most comfortable footwear, you are not permitted to wear open-toed sandals or shoes with heels. Layers are the best way to go, t-shirt underneath, then long sleeve jumper and/or jacket. Bear in mind it will be colder at the summit and warmer at the bottom. Sunglasses are a great idea to protect your eyes.
- The speed of these trips is dictated by the guide. He or she will ride at the front of the group and control the speed. Several regrouping stops will allow those at the back to catch up and there will be plenty of opportunities for photos.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Warm clothing, jackets and gloves are essential
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The health and wellbeing of our guests, staff and our community is our primary focus. Our COVID-19 safety protocols comply with government and industry standards and we will provide you with peace of mind so that you can travel confidently.
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Local guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Cascade Brewery
4 Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Under Down Under Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.