From the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart’s scenic waterfront, this is the ultimate bike riding adventure experience.
Starting from Hobart’s waterfront we head to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington for spectacular views across Southern Tasmania including an elevated look over the beautiful city of Hobart. After soaking in the views we experience Tasmania’s ultimate downhill bicycle ride – 1272 metres to sea level. Along the way, this 21 km guided journey captures contrasting landscapes from sub-alpine and mountain rainforests to the vibrant waterfront of Hobart. For the more adventurous an optional off-road section is available. This tour is suitable for anyone who can confidently ride a bike and meets safety requirements of a minimum height of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
What You'll Get
Take in the views from the distant mountain ranges of the southwest, to the sprawling city of Hobart below, then follow your guide on a downhill descent of the mountain. Watch the alpine terrain gradually being replaced by a magnificent forest and stop on several occasions to take in the varying views and snap a picture or two.
The winding mountain road takes you down to the foothills where you can choose to experience the thrill of the off-road section. Finish the 21 kilometer cycling trip after riding through the outer suburbs of South Hobart and Battery Point and complete the journey at Hobart's waterfront.
This Mount Wellington cycling tour is fun designed for all levels of fitness!
For the more adventurous amongst the group, there is an opportunity to let loose on approximately 5km of off-road riding. Those not interested in hitting the dirt trails, can happily roll down the hill with the support van behind and meet the group at the resting and snack spot around 20 minutes later. The whole group will then ride together into the city of Hobart. This trail goes via historic Battery Point and concludes in Salamanca Place on the waterfront of Hobart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 12 not permitted.
- For comfort and safety reasons, there is a strict minimum height requirement of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
- Long trousers are a good idea if it is looking chilly outside. Shorts are fine on warm days. If you are wearing long trousers, we will provide bands to protect them from the chain. Sneakers or walking shoes are the most comfortable footwear, you are not permitted to wear open-toed sandals or shoes with heels. Layers are the best way to go, t-shirt underneath, then long sleeve jumper and/or jacket. Bear in mind it will be colder at the summit and warmer at the bottom. Sunglasses are a great idea to protect your eyes.
- The speed of these trips is dictated by the guide. He or she will ride at the front of the group and control the speed. Several regrouping stops will allow those at the back to catch up and there will be plenty of opportunities for photos.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Local guide
- Rain jacket (if required)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Under Down Under Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.