Immerse yourself deep in the wilderness. We will journey back through time to explore our heritage, walk through untouched forests, explore wild rivers and rugged coastlines, see breathtaking mountainous vistas and breath the freshest air in the world. Stay 2 nights at Macquarie Harbour’s port town of Strahan and whilst at Cradle Mountain National Park, enjoy a walk of your choice.
About This Deal
Day 1: Hobart to Strahan
Leave Hobart and drive through the Derwent Valley – travelling east to west across the island.
You’ll see the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. Explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan.
Day 2: Wild West Coast (B)
In the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast were you will explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes. Then continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall – Montezuma Falls. Or you can choose to join the world famous Gordon River Cruise (optional, at your own expense).
Day 3: Cradle Mountain to Launceston (B)
Around 950m above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park, where you choose a walk to suit you. With an extensive range of tracks, stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. A short drive takes you through Sheffield, the ‘town of murals’, to Launceston.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- What to bring: • Camera • Drink bottle • Comfortable trail walking shoes • Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen • Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea) • Waterproof jacket (just in case) • Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs
- Vehicle travel between destinations in mini-van
- 2 nights accommodation
- Breakfast on 2 days
- National Park entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Montezuma Falls
- Entry/Admission - Lake St. Clair
- Entry/Admission - Dove Lake Circuit
- Entry/Admission - Russell Falls
- Entry/Admission - Henty Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Marion's Lookout Walk
- Entry/Admission - Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gordon River Cruise (optional, at own expense)
Hobart CBD hostel and hotel pick up
Please note, pick up is not provided from AirBnB or private residences.
Please advise your guide as to your preferred drop off point in Central Launceston.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Under Down Under Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.