Immerse yourself deep in the wilderness on this 3 day journey along the west coast. Explore the heritage of the land with your guide as you and your group walk through untouched forests, explore wild rivers and rugged coastlines, see breathtaking mountainous vistas, and breathe the freshest air in the world. Enjoy 2 night accommodation and breakfast each morning before continuing this amazing opportunity to see part of the world that is nearly untouched by civilization.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Hobart to Strahan
Leave Hobart and drive through the Derwent Valley – travelling east to west across the island.
You’ll see the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. Explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan.
Day 2: Wild West Coast (B)
In the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast were you will explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes. Then continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall – Montezuma Falls. Or you can choose to join the world famous Gordon River Cruise (optional, at your own expense).
Day 3: Cradle Mountain to Launceston (B)
Around 950m above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park, where you choose a walk to suit you. With an extensive range of tracks, stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. A short drive takes you through Sheffield, the ‘town of murals’, to Launceston.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- What to bring: • Camera • Drink bottle • Comfortable trail walking shoes • Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen • Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea) • Waterproof jacket (just in case) • Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Local produce tastings (varies with seasons)
- Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs
- Vehicle travel between destinations in mini-van
- 2 nights accommodation
- Breakfast on 2 days
- Entry/Admission - Montezuma Falls
- Entry/Admission - Lake St. Clair
- Entry/Admission - Dove Lake Circuit
- Entry/Admission - Russell Falls
- Entry/Admission - Henty Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Marion's Lookout Walk
- Entry/Admission - Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gordon River Cruise (optional, at own expense)
Hobart CBD hostel and hotel pick up
Please note, pick up is not provided from AirBnB or private residences.
Pick up times
City View Motel / Beltana Hotel
Montacute Bunkhouse / Wrest Point / Woolmers Inn Apartments / Mantra One
CENTRE ZONE 1 (7:00-7:15am):
YHA Hobart Central / Tassie Backpackers / Brunswick Hotel / Quest Savoy / Mid City
Pickled Frog / The Nook / Hobart Hostel / Ibis Styles / Best Western Hobart
CENTRE ZONE 2 (7:30-7:45am):
St Davids Cathedral (for Backpackers Imperial) / Travelodge Hobart / Grand Chancellor / Mantra Collins / Old Woolstore
Lodge on Elizabeth / Rydges
Pick up can be provided from places not listed as long as they are within reasonable distance of the existing pick up zones.
Please advise your guide as to your preferred drop off point in Central Launceston.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.