Tasmania’s East Coast is spectacular, and this 2-day Eco-Certified escape is the perfect way to experience our breathtaking eastern beaches and coastal scenery including the Bay of Fires, a walk to the beach at Wineglass Bay or Mt Amos for those wanting a challenge. Add a little devil in the detail with a visit to a wildlife sanctuary to check out the Tasmanian devil and other native wildlife plus stay overnight in Bicheno, home to the little penguins.
About This Deal
Day 1: Hobart to Bicheno
Stop At: Bay of Fires, Binalong Bay, Break O'Day, Tasmania Australia
Famous for its crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches and orange lichen-covered granite boulders. If conditions are right then it's the perfect place for a swim.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: St Helens, St Helens, Break O'Day, Tasmania
A quick visit to the bustling fishing town to grab some lunch and check out the 'cray boats' in the harbour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: East Coast Natureworld, 18356 Tasman Hwy, Bicheno, Tasmania 7215 Australia
Visit one of Tasmania's premier natural wildlife and ecology parks. Get up close and personal with the famous Tasmanian Devil and many of Tasmania's other unique wildlife.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Bicheno, Bicheno, Glamorgan-Spring Bay, Tasmania
Spend the evening exploring at your leisure this picturesque seaside town. Take in the sensational coastal views and sample some of the local fish and chips whilst keeping an eye out for the local wildlife including the migrating whales (in season).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bicheno Penguin Tours, 70 Burgess St, Bicheno TAS 7215, Australia
Experience first hand these quirky little Tasmanian characters as they wander right past on their way to their burrows. This is done as an optional extra.
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Bicheno Backpackers (Hostel accommodation options) or Beachfront Bicheno (Motel accommodation options)
Day 2: Bicheno to Hobart
Stop At: Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay Road, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania 7215 Australia
Here it is, the world famous Freycinet National Park. We beat the crowds by arriving early to explore this paradise. Walk to the lookout for panoramic views over Wineglass Bay. Then you can choose to relax at Wineglass Bay beach, or if you a looking for something a little more adventurous, choose the challenging climb of Mt Amos or take a beach walk.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Wineglass Bay Lookout, Road C302 Inside Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania 7215 Australia
As part of our visit to the Freycinet National Park this lookout offers stunning views of Wineglass Bay.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Cape Tourville Lighthouse, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
Enjoy the stunning views from Cape Tourville out to the Tasman Sea and back towards the pink granite peaks of the Hazards Mountains and Wineglass Bay.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Swansea, Swansea, Glamorgan-Spring Bay, Tasmania
Pass through as we continue along the Great Eastern Drive.
Stop At: Orford, Orford, Glamorgan-Spring Bay, Tasmania
A quick stop at the popular holiday township.
Duration: 15 minutes
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- The health and wellbeing of our guests, staff and our community is our primary focus. Our COVID-19 safety protocols comply with government and industry standards and we will provide you with peace of mind so that you can travel confidently.
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- National Park Entry Fees
- Wildlife Sanctuary entry including Tasmanian devils
- 1 nights accommodation
- Hobart CBD Hotel, Hostel and Motel pickup and drop off
- Advanced Eco-Certified Tour
- Entry/Admission - East Coast Natureworld
- Entry/Admission - Freycinet National Park
- Entry/Admission - Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Cape Tourville Lighthouse
- Food & Drink
- Entry/Admission - Bicheno Penguin Tours
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any centrally located hotel or hostel in Hobart. We can also pick up from places not listed as long as they are within reasonable distance of our exisiting pick up zones. Please note we do not pick up from AirBnB or private residences. If you are outside our pick up range or staying in a private residence we will arrange for you to meet our guide at the closest or most convenient existing pick up location.
*TOUR CAN DEPART LAUNCESTON UPON REQUEST*
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Under Down Under Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.