Discover Melbourne's multicultural heritage with your taste buds on a walking food tour that takes you where the city’s real culture thrives. Ride the tram alongside locals and visit markets to see how residents shop, sampling delectable bites along the way. Learn how Melbourne evolved into a foodie destination as you chat with vendors and cooks at a range of ethnic eateries, and cap it off with a drink at a cozy pub or delicious Gelato depending on the group wishes on the day.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Southern Cross Station, Spencer Street, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
Ask any Melbournian to point you in the direction of something cool and more likely than not they'll direct you out into the neighbourhoods. On this tour we'll celebrate the local foodie culture in Melbourne’s multicultural markets on a three-hour walking and public transport tour. With your local host and intimate group, you’ll discover the best of Melbourne’s bustling markets. Learn about local gastronomic culture as well as the history and culinary traditions that are unique to the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Melbourne Central, Corner of LaTrobe and Swanston Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We’ll visit the market in the morning hours before the rush. This will allow you time to interact with the vendors, as you gain rare insight into the history of the city and how the character of Melbourne has developed. Melbourne's oldest markets are packed with stories, and we’ll include plenty of samples, tastings and time for you to explore, so you can get the true experience.
Hear about how immigration has been a driving force in Melbourne which gives the city such a unique vibe. Depending on the day and guide you may find yourself in South Melbourne for the predominantly Mediterranean Market or the famous Queen Victoria Market in the CBD, the largest open-air market in Australia. Each has its own character, amazing food and eclectic style and buzz. We'll finish with a hot or cold beverage or a Delicious Gelato depending on the group
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day. Keep in mind that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable. This tour will run rain, hail or shine.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This tour can accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free requests. Please notify us in advance of any dietary needs.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- A tram or train fare may be required depending on the market; your guide can help you purchase a ticket at the beginning of the tour
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide
- International and Local food tastings, hot or cold beverage
- A tram or train fare may be required depending on the market
- additional food and drinks
Meeting Point - Urban Adventures, Under the Clock Tower, Southern Cross Station, Cnr Collins St and, Spencer St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Melbourne VIC, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.