Through gold rushes and rebellions, Olympics and royal visits, Melburnians have turned to ales, whiskeys, wines, and cocktails for comfort. Experience Melbourne’s unique bar scene on a private tour with a local guide and visit its unique watering holes. By the end of this private tour, you’ll discover that history really is better with booze (as if there was ever any doubt)!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sir William John Clarke Memorial, Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
Your guide will meet you here before setting off to your first bar.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bourke Street, Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Depending on the weather, your drinking preferences and what's open on the day, your guide will choose 3 amazing bars to take you to. One of our favourites is a hidden rooftop bar off Bourke St.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Little Lon Distilling Co., 17 Casselden Pl, Melbourne Vic, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
A thriving red light district, brothels, opium and gambling dens, Melbourne certainly had an interesting past! There's plenty of history to uncover on this tour, but don't worry it's not the boring history lesson you got in school!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chinatown, Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
Depending on your interests your tour could end up in any part of the city. One of our favourite places to take guests though is to the many hidden laneway bars of Chinatown!
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Most establishments accept bank cards, but there is occasionally a minimum spend. You may wish to bring cash if you want to avoid this.
- Melbourne is known to have four seasons in one day – please check the weather report and dress accordingly!
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Drinks, food, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide. Because everyone’s drinking preferences and tolerances are different, rather than include drinks, we keep our tour price low and allow you to purchase drinks as you go. Most establishments accept bank cards, but there is occasionally a minimum spend. You may wish to bring cash if you want to avoid this.
Sir William John Clarke Memorial, Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
Melbourne VIC, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.