Break into Western Australia's capital on this comprehensive walking tour that takes you off the beaten track and into the laneways & arcades of the city. This relaxed tour includes many things, the most important being a local tradition of great importance and cultural significance: a free drink at the pub!
What You'll Get
Arcades & Laneways is the most comprehensive guided historical tour in Perth. Western Australia is an enormous state that takes up a third of the country – and Perth is its booming capital. Originally not of any interest to the British, it was only when French and Dutch explorers started sniffing around that the English decided there should be a colony in the West of Australia. On this Perth tour that focuses on the arcades and laneways of the city you'll learn just such stories and so many more, from the people who know best - the locals!
Discover the evolving small bar scene and hidden gems on this information-packed walking tour through the heart of Perth's lesser known streetscapes with a friendly 'Sandgroper' as your guide. The arcades and laneways provide interesting routes to navigate through the city centre as well as great spots to check out hip and happening events and the proliferation of street art. Together we will explore the modern day secret nuggets of the Central Business District plus new developments including the Bell Tower, Elizabeth Quay and Yagan Square.
To really get know the city, you’ll get stories about the quirks of its history, heritage, culture, and architecture - a plethora of Perth highlights! Rather than get bogged down in dates and historical data, your passionate guide will show you why Perth is the way it is, and what really makes this city tick.
Your Perth tour finishes up at a local pub in Northbridge, where the first drink is on us! A great afternoon out, whether you are visiting from over east, overseas, or even if you are a local West Australian who wants to dig deeper into our rich history.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress as you see appropriate to the weather. April – August may be cold and it can rain, so be sure to check the weather forecast and come prepared.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1 drink at Northbridge Pub
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Town Hall 8, Perth WA 6000, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Yagan Square, Wellington St, Perth WA 6000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Perth in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.