Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. Walk a little, eat a little, drink a little! Take an evening journey through Sydney's emerging small bar scene and discover the spots that are popping up around the city in heritage buildings and laneways.
What You'll Get
This food and drink tour of Sydney will give you a literal taste of all the city has to offer! Over the course of the evening, in a small group, you will visit three different small bars, all tucked away in basements, back alleys, old horse-cart carriageways, loading docks, and other hard-to-find corners. Spend about 45-minutes in each venue, giving you plenty of time to sample some snacks and/or enjoy a drink, depending on what’s on offer at each place.
One of the great things about this tour is that it’s rarely the same thing twice! you might be treated to specialty pizza one time or tapas or dumplings another time, washed down with maybe a glass of mulled wine in winter or sangria in summer. Come with an open mind for whatever’s placed in front of you!
In between stops, you’ll be guided along some of Sydney’s most interesting streets, where you can discover other venues, see fantastic street art, spy intriguing spaces, and learn where the locals really go after work hours.
The tour starts at the glass dome in Wynyard Park, the site of the old military barracks where the New South Wales Corps marched to arrest Governor Bligh in 1808 — known later as the Rum Rebellion. In the mid-1800s, it then became a site for shops and homes, with a recreational square.
The tour will end in the Kent Street area, after 3-hours of exploring the city centre via the nooks and crannies hidden away in downtown Sydney.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: The bars you visit on this tour are 100% owned and run by locals, ensuring that local people benefit from tourism to Sydney. These bars are often hard to find for tourists, but your reviews will help these small businesses become better known to Sydney and the world. The bars embody a philosophy of supporting small wineries and Australian craft beer. Any inclusions on the tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food or drink samples at 3 local venues
- Optional cocktails,additional food and drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Wynyard Park, 1001 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Kent Street, Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.