Scratch the (dirty) underbelly of Sydney's notorious red light district on this sin and beer drenched private Sydney tour. Hear about the notorious figures and big-time pimps who made 'the Cross' what it is today: a gritty, urban hub of vices that come in many guises. The best thing is, because this is a private tour, we can adjust the itinerary to suit you, so let us know when you’re booking if there any special places you are dying to visit!
What You'll Get
Spend two hours immersed in the tumultuous history of Kings Cross on your own private tour with a local guide, as we guide you through tales of fame and fortune, murder and drugs, and mysteries and romances on this private Sydney tour with a twist!
You'll visit a number of different spots important to the neighbourhood on this Sydney Kings Cross tour. Standing on the site of one of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mysteries, you’ll hear of the days of the infamous razor gang and sly grog, of the deviants and bohemians, and how the charismatic Cross came to be.
Traditionally home to Sydney’s artistic and bohemian lifestyles, The Cross began its life as the centre of sophisticated society before transforming through its host of passionate and deviant lifestyles. Now, Kings Cross is a lively, vibrant, and sometimes controversial Sydney hotspot not to be missed. During this Sydney night tour, we’ll grab a drink at a Kings Cross Bar and settle in for some more enthralling tales.
This walking tour of Sydney’s richest social and cultural area is engaging and informative, and those interested in crime and mystery will be thoroughly fascinated by the culture and history of The Cross.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Dress for the weather, bring a long a coat and umbrella if it looks like rain, wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Under 18 years olds must be with a parent or guardian. Photo ID may be requested by your guide.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- By buying the 'beer of the month' at the Kings Cross Hotel at the end of the tour, you are supporting Lou's Place, a community-based refuge for women in crisis, homeless, feeling isolated, or needing support.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local English-speaking guide
- Drink at a centrally located Kings Cross bar
- Tips or gratuities for guides
Kings Cross Centre Pharmacy, TG13 Kings Cross Centre, 82-94 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point NSW 2011, Australia
Sydney NSW, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.