Venture past Sydney’s central business district to where locals live and play, with a guide from Urban Adventures on a tour inspired by The New York Times. From a Sydney Harbour ferry, experience water views of Sydney icons. Find out why Sydneysiders have been traveling to Manly Beach since the 1850s. Meet an First Peoples of Australia elder and learn to make music on clapsticks. Savor local delicacies and hear the stories behind First Peoples of Australia art.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Gather at the historic Rocks area, where the English started their history in Australia in the late 1700s. Stroll to the Tea Cosy, an Irish shop in an 1870s rowhouse. The English tradition of tea or coffee with scones has been adopted by Aussies, with an Aussie flavor. Have some homemade scones fresh from the oven, slathered with jam made from Australian fruits. Chat with the owner/manager, who will talk about the history of the building and the story of the Irish family who started the shop. You can also shop for jam or a unique tea cozy for a great Aussie souvenir.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sydney Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales Australia
Hop on a ferry for a 30-minute ride on magnificent Sydney Harbour, seeing water views of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and the glorious harbor scenery.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Manly Beach, Sydney, New South Wales 2095 Australia
Alight at Manly Beach, the birthplace of surfing championships in Australia. Sydneysiders and other Aussies have been traveling to Manly since the 1850s; today it’s full of great shops, good restaurants and has become a popular destination. You will get to take a stroll through the seaside township to the
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aboriginal Dreamtime Fine Art Gallery, Shop 36 The Corso, Manly, New South Wales 2095 Australia
Visit Manly’s Aboriginal Dreamtime Fine Art Gallery to immerse yourself in the world’s oldest continuously living culture. Marvel at the unique art, jewelry and artifacts from central and western districts of Australia and enjoy an exclusive talk about the art and learn how each piece reflects the land and the First Peoples of Australia heritage.
A First Peoples of Australia elder will discuss his culture with you and play the didgeridoo, a wind instrument with a beautiful, haunting tone. He will also teach you how to use clapsticks, percussion sticks to accompany the didgeridoo. You can buy your own clapsticks to take home.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 4 Pines Brewery Tours, SE 29 43 - 45 East Esplanade Downstairs beneath the original Brew Pub, Manly, New South Wales 2095 Australia
Finish your tour at local favorite haunt 4 Pines Brewery, a socially conscious microbrewery where you can see brewmasters hard at work to craft the perfect post-surf pint. Enjoy one of their creations while sharing some light Aussie nibbles/snacks and conversation about how the brewery sprung from a casual conversation between the father and son founders. The tour concludes here, leaving you free to shop the Manly Corso; head back to Manly Beach for a swim, or accompany your guide back to Circular Quay.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your New York Times Journeys/Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Clapsticks are provided for demonstration only and are not included in the tour price. Clapsticks can be purchased at the Dreamtime Gallery.
- This is a child-friendly tour.. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Most travelers can participate
- The Irish tea store you visit is a family-owned business where the scones are made on-site and the souvenirs are unique to the Tea Shop, including hand-made jams. In addition, the tea cosies and rugs sold here are made by patrons and proceeds are donated to local charities.
- Manly’s Aboriginal Dreamtime Fine Art Gallery showcases Indigenous art, jewellery, and artifacts. All sales benefit 50 Aboriginal artists and the communities in which they live.
- 4 Pines Brewery, which you visit on your tour, is passionate about doing the right thing for the planet. It is one of only two brewing companies in Australia currently listed as a Certified B Corp for its sustainability initiatives.
- At 4 Pines the core by-product of the brewing process is spent grain, an organic waste. The majority of their spent grain is donated to farmers in need as a free source of nutritional feed for their livestock.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Professional local guide
- Scones and tea/coffee (or alternative soft drink)
- Ferry ticket
- Light Aussie nibbles/snacks
- A craft beer
- Clapsticks are provided for demonstration only
- Tips or gratuities for guides
55 George St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
3 hours 30 minutes
4 Pines Manly, 29/43-45 E Esplanade, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.