This tour is a combination of two of our most popular tours, designed to give you the Best. Day. Ever. in Sydney! Your morning begins in Newtown, a trendy neighbourhood in the southwest of the city. We'll share with you the area’s fascinating history and together we will discover its internationally acclaimed street art as well as its impressive retail credentials. We'll pop into a creative marketplace, meet the designers and artisans behind the products and enjoy a selection of tasty treats, too. Then we’ll make our way to the famous Rocks to learn more about Australia’s colonial history, admire views of Sydney's world-famous harbour and enjoy a few beers too. Cheers!
About This Deal
Combine two of our most popular tours — Made In Sydney and When Rum Ran the Rocks — and see the best of Sydney during the day.
There’s history with mystery in the edgy suburb of Newtown. We will explore this historical neighbourhood together and discover its internationally acclaimed street art, shop in an incredibly creative marketplace and enjoy a selection of treats — all just 10 minutes from Sydney’s Central Business District.
We’ll take you off the high street into the laneways and side streets to meet local artisans and watch them ply their trade and sell their creative wares.
We’ll then stop at three diverse independents that call Newtown home. We’ll taste the most photographed dessert in the world, visit the gelato business that won Italy’s 'best gelato in the world' competition and we’ll sample a beer made by Sydney’s premier craft brewers (founded by a rock group and operating from disused warehouses). All the while, you will be learning about the colourful past and present which sets Newtown apart from every other suburb of Sydney.
Take the time to buy items of craftwork for yourself or as gifts for friends and family. And it’s all Sydney-made.
Then there will be an hour break where you will have an opportunity to grab some lunch (not included, but your guide can recommend some places nearby) before heading harbourside where the second leg of your Sydney adventure begins. As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. As we walk, your guide will carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship.
Along the way, we will make pit stops at some classic local pubs in the heart of the Rocks. From there, we explore the once seedy back alleyways, which today are very safe, of course, but still feature many great photo opportunities.
After a drink at another historic pub, we delve deeper into some of the unique and most off-the-beaten-track parts of the Rocks as we visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia.
Your tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in sensational Sydney.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. This tour runs in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local, English-speaking guide
- One coffee
- One cake
- One gelato
- Four alcoholic drinks
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional food and drinks
- Transport (please bring your Opal card if you have one)
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Newtown Station, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
6 hours 30 minutes
George Street, George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.