Explore the historic Rocks district in Sydney with a knowledgeable local guide who shares tales from the neighborhood’s colorful past. Wander through alleyways and see heritage buildings that make the Rocks one of Sydney’s most popular and atmospheric districts. Your tour includes stops at historic pubs for craft beers. Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience.
What You'll Get
Make your way to Circular Quay to meet your guide, then stroll a few minutes to reach the historic Rocks district. Your guide winds through backstreets and alleyways to show you important locations from Sydney’s early settlement after the colony's formation in 1788. Hear tales about the convicts who came to this area, cutting through the sandstone cliffs to build homes and roads in the fledgling colony.
Continue your walking tour though the neighborhood’s alleys and hear more about the history of The Rocks, which once had a reputation as a dangerous slum; hard to believe when you look around at today's fashionable boutiques and restaurants.
Your next stop takes you into a historic pub for a craft beer as you soak up the atmosphere of the pub, in operation since the early 1800s.
Next, stroll through tucked-away lanes to reach an extensive archaeological site with remnants dating back to the 1790s. Your guide shares further stories about convicts, settlers, bars and even a military coup that played out in The Rocks. Wrap up your tour with a delicious beer at another historic pub close to Circular Quay.
Expect to walk about 1.5 miles (2.5km) at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops. At the end of an entertaining and informative 2.5-hour tour, make your way to your next destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 year
- Please have proof of age ID with you (driver’s license or passport)
- You have the choice between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, so if you’re not a drinker but still interested in the neighbourhood and its history, you’ll still have a great time!
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people led by a local guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Local English-speaking guide
- 3 drink stops
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Circular Quay, Wharf 6, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.