There’s history with mystery in this edgy Sydney suburb. Boasting acclaimed street art, thirst-quenching craft beer, mouthwatering cakes, indigenous artefacts, quality handicrafts and sensational award-winning gelato, Newtown has it all — if you know where to look! Visit Sydney’s coolest multicultural inner-city suburb on a private tour with us, where past and present converge, and enjoy a shopping experience like no other, just a heartbeat from Sydney but worlds away. Eclectic Newtown is a weird and wonderful hotbed of arts and activism, an inner-city haven for students, hipsters and the queer community. And we know Newtown’s innermost secrets, so get those shopping bags ready! The best thing is, because this is a private tour, we can adjust he itinerary to suit you, so let us know when you’re booking if there any special places you are dying to visit!
About This Deal
This private morning tour of Newtown is a great way to kickstart your day. You’ll explore this historical neighbourhood with a local guide and discover its internationally acclaimed street art, laugh at its creative graffiti, shop in an incredibly creative marketplace and enjoy a selection of treats — all just 10 minutes from Sydney’s Central Business District.
We’ll take you off the high street into the laneways and side streets to meet local artisans and watch them ply their trade and sell their creative wares.
Today Newtown is home to more than 400 independent businesses and is truly a place where different worlds collide. This tour gives you the unique opportunity to meet the artisans themselves, from butchers to brewers, designers to manufacturers, and everyone in between.
We’ll then stop at three diverse independents that call Newtown home. We’ll taste the most photographed dessert in the world, visit the gelato business that won Italy’s 'best gelato in the world' competition and we’ll sample a beer made by Sydney’s premier craft brewers (founded by a rock group and operating from disused warehouses). All the while, you will be learning about the colourful past and present which sets Newtown apart from every other suburb of Sydney.
Take the time to buy items of craftwork for yourself or as gifts for friends and family. And it’s all Sydney-made.
Your tour ends where it starts at Newtown railway station and you will have plenty of time to grab some lunch from the many pubs, cafes, bars and clubs in the vicinity. Don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see and do during your stay in Sydney.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. Our tour runs in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1 coffee
- 1 cake
- 1 gelato
- 1 beer
- Additional food and drinks
330 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.