Step back to a magical time when rum was a currency, and Sydney's harbourside area of the Rocks was filthy rich with it. See local drinkers in their natural habitat, join them in their ablutions and learn about why rum was worth rebelling for… then and now. The best thing is, because this is a private tour, we can adjust the itinerary to suit you, so let us know when you’re booking if there any special places you are dying to visit near the Rocks!
About This Deal
Alright, let’s get to know Sydney a little better — what do you say? Join us for your very own private tour around one of the most famous neighbourhoods in Sydney
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and people who shaped this fledgling colony. Hear all about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and a rebellion over the most precious drink of all… rum!
As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. On this private Sydney walking tour, we’ll carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship.
Along the way, we’ll make pit stops at some classic local pubs in the heart of the Rocks. From there, we’ll explore the once seedy back alleyways, which today are very safe, of course, but still feature many great photo opportunities.
After a drink at another historical pub, we’ll delve deeper into some of the unique and most off-the-beaten-track parts of the Rocks as we visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia. We’ll finish up your private Sydney tour by enjoying one last beer back near where the tour began.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Dress for the weather, bring a long a coat and umbrella if it looks like rain, wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
- Please have proof of age ID with you (driver’s license or passport) just in case, as you must be 18+ to participate in the tour. You have the choice between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, so if you’re not a drinker but still interested in the neighbourhood and its history, you’ll still have a great time!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local English-speaking guide
- 3 drink stops
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for guides
- Additional food & drinks (other than indicated above)
2 hours 30 minutes
George Street, George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.