Learn what goes into making the perfect glass of incredibly well-balanced red wine.
Urban Winery Sydney’s blending sessions are one of the more entertaining and informative classes. Separated into groups, sit down with our head winemaker Alex Retief and be taken through six single variety red wines, exploring the aroma, structure and palate-feel of each.
Each group is then given measuring cylinders and half an hour to come up with their favourite blend, for example, mixing 50% shiraz, 30% merlot, 10% petit verdot and 10% tempranillo. These ‘favourite blends’ are then collated and poured to the groups, so they can be blind-tasted and judged by everyone involved – with an ultimate winner appointed on the day.
Our guests will sit amongst the wine barrels in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, however feel as though they have been transported to the vineyards of regional NSW. The experience will round out with a sample from a few select bottles paired with a cheese and charcuterie platter.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Black Star Pastry Entertainment Quarter, 210 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021, Australia
On your way up to the winery, glance through the windows at the wonderful Black Star Pastry chefs as they bake all sorts of delicious items
Stop At: Urban Winery Sydney, 122 Lang Road The Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales 2021 Australia
Enjoy a tour through the Urban Winery led by the head winemaker himself, learning about their processes from vine to bottle. Taking a seat at the tasting table, be guided through a six-glass wine flight from three different wine regions around the state. Explore the aroma, structure and palate-feel of each while nibbling on a delicious charcuterie and cheese platter. Leave with a beautiful bottle of A.Retief wine to take home.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years to partake in the experience however children are permitted within the winery
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Two-hour blending session with winemaker
- Tasting six wines from three different wine regions, exploring the aroma, structure and palate-feel of each
- Each group is then given measuring cylinders and half an hour to come up with their favorite blend
- Blind-tasted and judged by everyone involved
- Enjoy a shared NSW charcuterie and cheese platter
- Souvenir bottle of A. Retief wine to take home
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional take away wines available to purchase and take home from the cellar door
122 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Winery Sydney in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.