Enjoy a small-group full-day tour that combines native wildlife with wine tasting in Victoria’s internationally acclaimed Yarra Valley wine region. Set out from Melbourne for a visit to Healesville Sanctuary, founded in order to preserve and protect endangered animal species, and spend the morning observing koalas, kangaroos, emus and other iconic native animals.
Early afternoon, travel across to Yering Station Vineyard for a delicious a la carte main course lunch and wine tasting before finishing the day with cheese and wine at the De Bortoli Winery.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Healesville Sanctuary, Badger Creek Road Healsville, Healesville, Victoria 3777 Australia
Home to more than 200 species of Australian native animals and set amidst natural bushland, the Healesville Sanctuary is the ideal place to observe our iconic wildlife up close. An enhancement to the visit is a Kangaroo Encounter where you have the opportunity with a keeper to feed and pat these adorable animals (if the animal allows). A Koala Encounter is also available but there's no touching or feeding involved, just an opportunity to get some amazing up close pictures. An additional fee applies for these encounters (currently AUD$20 per person per animal). Please advise if you wish to book this.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Yering Station, 38 Melba Hwy, Yering, Victoria 3770 Australia
The site of Victoria's first vines in 1838, Yering Station Vineyard is one of the Yarra Valley's few remaining 19th century properties. Enjoy a tasting of their premium estate wines in the historic cellar door before adjourning to their light filled restaurant for a beautiful a la carte main course meal.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: De Bortoli Winery, 58 Pinnacle Lane Dixons Creek, Dixons Creek, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
Set on 450 acres of vineyard clad hills, the visit to the De Bortoli Vineyard is a terrific way to conclude the day. The wine tasting includes their estate and premium wines together with their iconic dessert wine, Noble One. The tasting is enhanced with a pairing of selected cheeses.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available. Please request when booking
- Does not include meals for infants
- Must be 18 years old or older to drink
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements when booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome providing there is someone with the passenger who can help them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Encounters with a kangaroo, koala, wombat or dingo are available at extra cost. Please enquire if interested although places are limited
- No charge for infant if they do not occupy a seat. If occupying a seat, rate of $65 applies
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Bottled water
- Lunch and complimentary glass of wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select Melbourne hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Melbourne Town Hall, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
The Langham Hotel, 1 Southgate Ave, Southbank, Australia
The Westin Hotel, 205 Collins St, Melbourne, Australia
Sofitel Hotel, 25 Collins St, Melbourne, Australia
Intercontinental Hotel, 495 Collins St, Melbourne, Australia
Grand Hyatt Hotel, 123 Collins St, Melbourne, Australia
Park Hyatt Hotel, 1 Parliament Square, East Melbourne, Australia
Marriott Hotel, Cnr Exhibition & Lonsdale Sts, Melbourne, Australia
Adina Apartment Hotel, 189 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vinetrekker Wine Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.