Enjoy a small-group full-day tour that combines native wildlife with wine tasting in Victoria’s internationally acclaimed Yarra Valley wine region. Set out from Melbourne for a visit to Healesville Sanctuary, founded in order to preserve and protect endangered animal species, and spend the morning observing koalas, kangaroos, emus and other iconic native animals. If you would like to feed and pat a kangaroo or get close to a koala (no feeding, patting or holding) the Sanctuary offers these encounters. The extra cost is $20 per animal and each encounter last 10 minutes. Sessions and places are limited and book up quickly so bookings are required in advance. Please advise us if you wish to include this as part of your Sanctuary experience.Early afternoon, travel across to Yering Station Vineyard for a delicious a la carte main course lunch and wine tasting before finishing the day with cheese and wine at the De Bortoli Winery.
What You'll Get
Your tour begins at either your central Melbourne accommodation or St. paul's Cathedral at 9am. From here, you'll head towards your first destination.
The world-famous Healesville Sanctuary is set amidst 75 acres of Australian bushland approximately 46 miles (75 km) northeast of Melbourne. The not-for-profit conservation organisation is dedicated to fighting wildlife extinction in Australia. Healesville showcases more than 200 species of Aussie wildlife. Spend your morning observing with some of them, including kangaroos, koalas, emus, wombats, platypuses, and birds of prey.
Then continue on for an early afternoon visit to the Yarra Valley and a sit-down lunch at Yering Station Vineyard’s stunning Wine Bar Restaurant. Enjoy a world-class setting while choosing from a full a la carte menu and sipping on a glass of wine. After your meal, tour the property’s original winery — featuring local artwork and ample vino varietals.
From here pay a visit to De Bortoli Winery at Dixons Creek — known for their premium cool climate wines. It’s also the Yarra Valley’s largest wine producer. Snack on cheese while sampling some of their sparkling, table and dessert wines and taking in spectacular scenic views.
Finally, sit back and savor the valley’s natural beauty and the towns of Steels Creek and Christmas Hills while your driver heads back toward Melbourne. Keep an eye out for kangaroos en route.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available. Please request when booking
- Does not include meals for infants
- Must be 18 years old or older to drink
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements when booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome providing there is someone with the passenger who can help them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Encounters with a kangaroo, koala, wombat or dingo are available at extra cost. Please enquire if interested although places are limited
- No charge for infant if they do not occupy a seat. If occupying a seat, rate of $65 applies
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Bottled water
- Lunch and complimentary glass of wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select Melbourne hotels
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Some Melbourne city hotels or front steps to St Paul's Cathedral in the city, cnr Flinders & Swanston Sts, opposite Federation Square and Flinders Street Train Station (for suburban/out of city hotels).
Returns to original departure point.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vinetrekker Wine Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.