On this tour we go for a walk along a creek where the playful platypus live. Platypus can been seen at anytime of the day, but our best chance is just after dawn. We pick you up from your Byron Bay accommodation, drive to the special Platypus area, and start our 1.5 hour (easy) walk.
Duration: 4 hours (5:30am-9:30am)
What You'll Get
On our walk we will along the platypus creek looking for platypus, we usually see 1-2 platypus, plus loads of birds and sometimes even koala. After our walk we will have a nice picnic breakfast then return to Byron Bay. We can't guarantee platypus sightings on this tour, but if we don't see one, you are welcome to come on the tour on another day for free.
We have to be super quiet as the platypus are very shy.
• Breakfast, locally sourced picnic breakfast
• Transport from your Byron Bay accommodation
• Experienced guideWhat to bring:
We provide some binoculars and take photos with our camera, which we share on social media.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Breakfast, locally sourced picnic breakfast
- Transport from your Byron Bay accommodation
- Experienced guide
- transfers to Byron Bay
Your Byron Bay accomm
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vision Walks - Eco Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.