On this tour we go for a walk along a creek where the playful platypus live. Platypus can been seen at anytime of the day, but our best chance is just after dawn. We pick you up from your Byron Bay accommodation, drive to the special Platypus area, and start our 1.5 hour (easy) walk.
Duration: 4 hours (5:30am-9:30am)
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vision Walks - Eco Tours, 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
See platypus in their natural habitat.
It is possible to see platypus at any time of the day, but our best chance is just after dawn.
We pick you up from your Byron Bay accommodation and drive to the special platypus area. From there we start our 90-minute easy walk along the creek looking for platypus.
Your guide will lead you at a gentle pace, showing you what to look for and sharing insights about this much-loved and quirky Australian animal.
We usually see one or two platypus, loads of birds and sometimes even koalas. After watching the platypus have their breakfast we relax with ours – a picnic by the creek – before returning to Byron Bay.
We can’t guarantee platypus sightings on this tour, but don’t worry. If we don’t see them we take you on another day, free.
Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements when you book
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Breakfast, locally sourced picnic breakfast
- Transport from your Byron Bay accommodation
- Experienced guide
- transfers to Byron Bay
Traveler pickup is offered
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vision Walks - Eco Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.