Melbourne is a mecca for food with an eating culture bordering on the obsessive. But many of these best places are hidden from first sight in laneways and behind doors. This 3 hour small group walking tour lets you experience the best examples of what Melbourne offers. This tour offers the best aspects of Melbourne with the insight of your local guide that you cannot get from a guide book. Drink coffee, eat dumplings, sneak in a sweet treat and finish it off with a drink in a laneway bar the locals love – all included in your ticket price. See all the treasures of Melbourne and often it is said “wow – you wouldn’t even know this was here!” Do this on your first day in Melbourne and you’ll discover a whole lot more places to return to later in your stay!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melbourne Laneways, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We discover many of Melbourne's laneways and arcades sharing the stories from the past and present through the delicious things that we sample along the way.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Bourke Street Mall, Bourke Street Jodhpur Rajasthan, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We meet in centrally located Bourke St Mall to begin our afternoon exploring Melbourne's laneways.
Pass By: Manchester Unity Building, 220 Collins St Corner Swanston, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Learn what made this building the talk of the town when it opened in 1932, while we taste a couple of the ultimate Aussie dishes!
Pass By: Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
We stroll along the Australia's most prestigious street learning about it's place in the city's history.
Stop At: Degraves Street, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
Melbourne's best known and most bustling laneways are perfectly located for us to take a break, do some people watching and taste a couple more Melbourne favorites.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Block Arcade, 282 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
How did this grand covered shopping mall get it's name? Learn all about the heady days when Melbourne was the richest city in the world. Don't forget, more delicious tastings!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Royal Arcade, 335 Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
The oldest - and perhaps the strangest! - shopping mall in Australia. Find out why while we munch on some delicious sweets!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hardware Lane, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
Are you a sweet tooth or do you prefer a sneaky afternoon tipple? There's no need to choose as we enjoy or final two tastings in this neighbourhood rich in culinary delights.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Enjoy some of Melbourne's best coffee (tea or hot choc for those that don't drink coffee!)
- Alcoholic Beverages - We conclude the tour at one of Melbourne's most loved local laneway bars.
- Snacks - This tour offers 3 savoury and 3 sweet tastings in addition to the drinks. Together, they tell the story of what Melbourne loves to eat and drink.
- Your local guide can provide all sorts of other info to help you best enjoy your stay in Melbourne.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Elizabeth St/Bourke St 5, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Whitehart Bar, 22 Whitehart Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Walk Melbourne Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.