Spend your days hiking, swimming and exploring, and sleep under the southern stars on a four-day Australian outback camping tour. Traveling by off-road 4WD vehicle, see all the icons of central Australia, including Uluru (the Aboriginal name of Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Kings Canyon and the West MacDonnell Ranges. Sleep around the campfire in a traditional Australian bedroll known as a swag and stargaze under the southern stars – or choose the comfort of your permanent tent.
In order for the tour to run smoothly and to get the maximum amount of time at the attractions, we encourage everyone to lend a hand. Collecting firewood, preparing food and washing dishes is part of the outback camping experience and an ideal opportunity to get to know everyone.
This small-group tour is limited to 16 people, ensuring a personalized experience with your guide. You can begin the tour in Alice Springs or Ayers Rock, concluding in Alice Springs.
What You'll Get
Spend your days hiking, swimming and exploring, and your nights under the southern stars on your four-day camping tour in Australia's spectacular Red Centre. After pickup in Alice Springs or Ayers Rock (Uluru), travel to UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites including Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Kings Canyon and the West MacDonnell Ranges. Learn about Aboriginal culture, take guided hikes in the Outback, look for wildlife and swim in natural rock pools. Your experienced guide shares fascinating stories about the places you visit and assists with any questions throughout the trip.
Sleep in your choice of a swag (a compact bedroll with mattress and bedding) or in one of the campsite's permanent tents and share meals around the campfire at night. All meals are included, along with camping gear, drinking water, transportation by 4WD, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A maximum of 16 people per group
- This tour is not suitable for children aged 5 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 2.2lbs/10kg)
- Please bring: torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own), toiletries, swim wear, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 4 days
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In order for the tour to run smoothly and to get the maximum amount of time at the attractions, it is important for everyone to lend a hand. Collecting firewood, preparing food and washing dishes is the ideal opportunity to get to know everyone.
- Our tours are active adventures that include a fair amount of walking, hiking and water based activities. Walks can extend to 4 hours duration in warm to hot conditions, so a reasonable level of fitness is required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
- Local guide
- Permanent tent camping accommodation (including sleeping bag, linen, pillow and pillow case)
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Airport pickup (if flying directly into Uluru)
- Travel towels included
- National Park Fees included for tours departing from 01 April 2019
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees to national parks not included for tours departing until 31 March 2019
- Water bottle
1: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
2: Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Red Centre, Northern Territory
3: Uluru, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up ex various Alice Springs accommodation from 6.00am
Pick up ex Outback Pioneer Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort from 1.00pm
Pick up ex Ayers Rock Airport 2.00pm - please advise flight number when booking
- Ayers Rock Airport, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Alice Springs NT, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wayoutback Australian Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.