A half day return steam train journey departing Queenstown Station. As you travel through the west coast’s cool temperate rainforest, you will ascend steep wilderness mountains under the power of the revolutionary Abt rack and pinion system – technology that transformed the fortunes of the west coast during the late nineteenth century, and the only operating Abt rack and pinion railway in the Southern Hemisphere. Stop at historic stations, traverse the deep chasm of the King River Gorge, and see the places where early west coast pioneers lived and worked to create this extraordinary railway. Sit back in comfort as your guide brings stories of the railway and it's resilient people to life.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: West Coast Wilderness Railway (Queenstown Station), 1 Driffield St, Queenstown TAS 7467, Australia
Queenstown Station including Tracks Cafe (open for breakfast & lunch)
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 106 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - West Coast Wilderness Railway (Queenstown Station)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
4 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the West Coast Wilderness Railway in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.