Start your day the best way, with a visit to a Koala Reserve! Learn about the fury koala and why it's so unique and loved by Australian's. Enjoy stunning coastal walks and the pristine beaches of Phillip Island.
Prepare for cuteness overload as we visit the home of over 32,000 Little Penguins! Each night, hundreds (sometimes thousands!) of these adorable penguins emerge from the surf and waddle up the beach at the world famous Penguin Parade. But it’s not all about them!
You’ll also have the chance to make some new kangaroo and koala friends, as well as taking in the stunning beaches and boardwalks that Phillip Island has to offer.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tooradin Jetty, Foreshore rd, Tooradin, Victoria Australia
Quick refreshmenst stop in Tooradin is a popular fishing spot. Four kilometres east of Tooradin on the South Gippsland Highway is the town's airfield which offers scenic flights and skydiving. The airfield's restaurant is open to the public and specializes in seafood. A few kilometres further east on the highway is the Bunyip River.
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Koala Reserve, 1810 Phillip Island Tourist Road, Cowes, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Only a 1hr 45min drive from Melbourne directly to Phillip Island, you will break this journey up and stop along the way to visit a Koala Reserve for a guided range tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Woolamai Beach, Phillip Island, Victoria Australia
Crossing over the bridge in San Remo arrive to Phillip Island and make your way down to Cape Woolamai Surf Beach. Breathe in the sea air and taking a walk along the beach provides stunning views of this volcanic coastline. Look for Pyramid Rock in the distance!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
As you enter Summerlands you will notice the absence of any housing, this is the part of the island which is all National Park. You will see the small wooden man-made burrows in which penguins who have not gone out fishing for the day are hiding. We will take a walk out around the board walks of ‘The Nobbies’ and have a look to see if we can spot any Little Penguins in their burrows, follow the walkways around to view ‘The Blowhole’ where waves come crashing up onto the dark volcanic rock, the caves and formations at this naturally craggy peninsula make for many dramatic photos, with the backdrop of Seal Rocks – on a sunny day you might be lucky enough to see Australian Fur Seals basking in the sun.
If you do not fancy braving the boardwalks then step inside the Nobbies Information Centre where you can peruse the gift shop, grab a hot drink or discover the ‘Antarctic Journey Experience’, Antarctic Journey Entry can be added on for $18pp and gives an immersive insight into the many marine animals of the Southern Hemisphere, as a WWF attraction your entrance fee will go directly back into helping protect and preserve these majestic creatures of the deep Southern and Antarctic Oceans.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
As the sun begins to set it is time to make your way to the Penguin Parade, the Little Penguins only come out of the water after the sun has gone down so that they can be sure to stay out of the way of any predators in the air above them.
The Penguin Parade ask that no photography is taken from this point on, this is to protect the sensitive eyes of the Little Penguins and ensure they are not scared, Wildlife Tours fully supports this request and we believe you will enjoy getting to witness such an amazing natural spectacle without the distraction of getting the ‘perfect photo’ – allow yourself to be fully immersed in the experience!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair, prams or stroller accessible please do not bring on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
- Admission to Penguin Parade (general viewing)
- Admission to Phillip Island Koala Reserve
- All National Park entry fees
- Audio translation service available
- Resident Trailblazer to guide you on your journey
- Select inner city Melbourne pickup and drop off
- Air-conditioned medium sized vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Koala Reserve
- Entry/Admission - The Nobbies Centre
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- All Meals
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Cape Woolamai Beach
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildlife Tours Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.