Explore the 12 Apostles and Great Ocean Road without the crowds on our Reverse Great Ocean Road Day Tour! This day trip includes all the highlights of the standard tour but visits the 12 Apostles and the Shipwreck Coast in the morning instead of the afternoon. By going against the flow of the traffic we avoid the busy tourist crowds allowing us to make the most of all this stunning region has to offer.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WWI Memorial, 117 Murray St, Colac VIC 3250, Australia
We stop to stretch our legs and enjoy morning tea
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
We take time to admire the amazing Limestone stack formations with minimal other tourists around, also if you are keen to take to the skies and add a helicopter ride over the Apostles on to your experience then this is the tour for you!
Taking your time to walk along the boardwalks and capture perfect photos of the Twelve Apostles in the morning sun is just breathtaking.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Also in the National Park we head down to Loch Ard Gorge, site of one of Australia’s most well know shipwrecks, hear the dramatic tale of Tom and Eva. Take time to walk down on to the beach and get the sand in-between your toes, or walk out over the top of the Gorge and find the Island Archway and Razorback rock formations.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Maits Rest Rainforest Walk, Great Ocean Rd, Cape Otway VIC 3233, Australia
We then depart just as other tour buses start to arrive, we head Eastward along the Great Ocean Road, coming inland we drive through towering Eucalyptus trees until we arrive at a patch of Cool Temperate Rainforest. You will be amazed at the difference in scenery as we take a walk through the tree ferns and, marvel at the ‘ancient relics’ – the Myrtle Beach trees that provide perfect canopy shade and originate from when Australia was part of a super continent known as Gondwanaland. Breath in the fresh air before we take a relaxing drive out to the dramatic Shipwreck Coast!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kennet River, Victoria Australia
Along the journey we will be making stops to look for Koalas hanging out in the wild, as they are exactly that, wild, we cannot guarantee where they will show up, but our knowledgeable guides know all the best spots to search for them.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
A monument to mark the original starting point of the Great Ocean Road.
After some photos at the iconic Memorial Arch and a lesson on the history of the soldiers who built this road and dedicated it to their fallen comrades, we will wind through more stunning views (of course stopping for pictures!)
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please reconfirm within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children under 18yrs old, must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (on request only)
- Not wheelchair, prams or stroller accessible please do not bring on tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Morning tea and lunch
- Friendly, social atmosphere
- On-board tour commentary
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- FREE Audio translation app. Download “Tour Translations of Australia” before travel! Available in Google Play & Apple App Store in 10 languages.
- Entry/Admission - WWI Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ard Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Maits Rest Rainforest Walk
- Entry/Admission - Kennet River
- Entry/Admission - Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway
Athenaeum Theatre, 188 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildlife Tours Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.