The snowy slopes of Lake Mountain, just a two-hour drive from Melbourne, make up a powdery playground. On this full-day tour, go tobogganing and cross-country skiing (at own expense), take a guided nature walk at majestic Steavenson Falls in Marysville, and a stop in the Yarra Valley. Finish up by sampling chocolates at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery for a sweet end to the day.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Healesville Hotel, 256 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville VIC 3777, Australia
Healesville located north-east of Melbourne, gateway to the Yarra Ranges.
Pass By: Yarra Valley, Victoria Australia
Enjoy the picturesque Yarra Valley vistas of vineyards, hills, and mountain ranges one of Australia’s wine-producing regions.
Stop At: Lake Mountain Ski resort, 1071 Lake Mountain Rd, Marysville VIC 3779, Australia
Visit Lake Mountain, a snow resort in Australia with modern facilities. It is Melbourne’s closest snow resort, with its picturesque chalets overlooking the mountains surrounded by miles of cross country ski tracks and toboggan fields.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Steavenson Falls, Falls Road, Marysville, Victoria 3779 Australia
In the afternoon you set off for a 700-metre walk to the spectacular and awe-inspiring Steavenson Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in Victoria.
The waterfall was named after John Steavenson, an Assistant Commissioner of Roads and Bridges who visited Marysville in 1862. The waters plummet 84 metres into the Steavenson River Valley. Today, the waterfall is the heart of the 190-hectare Steavenson Falls Scenic Reserve.
Steavenson Falls has become a popular tourist destination in Marysville since the 1860s. You will love it because of its distinct allure and amazing natural beauty. With 5 cascades and a total of 122 meters of descent, you’ll stand in awe of this natural wonder.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, 35 Old Healesville Rd Cnr Melba Highway, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
On our way back to Melbourne, we drive through the Yarra Valley to visit a top-notch chocolate factory.
Indulge your sweet tooth at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-creamery. Enjoy free samples of their handcrafted chocolate products and sweet treats. You can also shop and bring home some goodies.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This itinerary is subject to favorable weather conditions. On the day of travel, the tour may operate in the reverse order
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- 3hrs snow fun
- Chocolate samples
- A friendly driver/guide
- Informative tour commentary
- Inner city hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Lake Mountain Ski resort
- Entry/Admission - Steavenson Falls
- Food and drinks
- Clothing and equipment
- Optional activities
The Village Melbourne, 167 Franklin St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildlife Tours Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.