On our Platypus tours we take you into the natural habitat of this unique creature, giving you the opportunity to see Platypus in the wild. Across two hours we will explore the rivers, ponds and small streams that the Platypus calls home. Watch as the Platypus hunts its prey, patrols its territory and occasionally grooms itself on the rocks and river banks. Learn all there is to know about these magnificent animals from our expert wildlife guides, and experience Tasmania’s unique wildlife up close and in the wild. We run tours throughout the Derwent valley, Huon valley and the Cradle Mountain/North West district. Times can vary depending on location, but generally our Platypus tours operate morning and late afternoon.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park, Tasmania Australia
This is our starting point for the platypus tour. We walk along the Tyenna river to our viewing spots to watch wild Platypus do their thing.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 8 years old, all minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Entry or admission fee
- The tour includes some walking in the wilderness, and although not difficult it is important that guests are dressed for the conditions. Layers are best. Waterproofs should be packed as the weather can change quickly. Solid walking shoes that you don't mind getting a bit muddy.
- This is a shared tour for up to six (6) people with an experienced wildlife guide.
- We do not provide any food or drinks on the tour, so bring a bottle of water if you need it.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Russell Falls
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildways Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.