Become a pearling expert with this 60-minute master class that shines a light on Western Australia’s iconic Pearling Industry. Work with the world's largest pearl producing oyster and witness a live pearl harvest.
Learn how pearling technicians seed and harvest oysters and discover exactly what makes the perfect pearl.
The master class takes place in the harvest room of our flagship Elizabeth Quay store. This experience includes an exclusive pearl meat tasting, a true Broome delicacy that is revered around the world and you will receive a $50 gift voucher to use in the showroom.
About This Deal
Western Australia is famous for producing the world’s largest and finest pearls.
This 60-minute experience gives an exclusive insight into the mysterious world of pearling. You will learn exactly how pearls are grown through modern day practices and be provided with a thrilling recount of the rich history surrounding pearling in Broome, Western Australia.
The star of the show is the Pinctada maxima oyster, known as the largest pearl producing oyster in the world. You will get to work with this remarkable creature throughout the master class and witness the birth of a pearl, extracted as the oyster is opened up for the first time right in front of you.
Willie Creek Pearls have been delivering award-winning tourism experiences for almost 30 years and are currently 1 of just 4 licensed Pearl Farmers in Australia’s North West. We are excited to share the fascinating and intricate process of growing a valuable pearl that could range anywhere between $500 and $5,000 (& beyond)! This experience will also showcase examples of rare pearl types along with breathtaking pieces of Australian pearl jewellery.
Enjoy light refreshments and a special pearl meat taster during the Master Class.
This experience is bookable on request, 7 days a week at 10.00am or 2.00pm, a minimum notice of 24 hours is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour offered in languages other than English - Mandarin, Japanese, German, please contact the supplier after booking the tour to request.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 25 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- 50 gift voucher
- Entry/Admission - Willie Creek Pearls Elizabeth Quay
- Transport to/from hotel is not offered - guests must find their own way to the venue. Please call our showroom should you require assistance finding the venue - 08 9241 6565
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Willie Creek Pearls in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.