Join us on a guided journey to the Lithgow regions iconic Glow Worm Tunnel in Wollemi National Park and be allured by the dazzling lights of its rare and elusive glow worms.
Following the historical footprint of the Wolgan Valley Railway, the Glow Worm Tunnel Hike meanders through fern tree laden gorges and mountain streams, past sandstone pagodas and spectacular panoramic views onto the aptly named Glow Worm Tunnel. Entering the former railway tunnel into complete darkness, guests are treated to a celestial like experience – the emergence of thousands of glow worms!
At Wolgan Valley Eco Tours we believe that walking is a great way to explore the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. Our small group sizes, personalised service and experienced local guide offers guests a greater opportunity to experience and learn more about the history, ecology, flora and fauna, climate and geology that make this landscape unique.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glow Worm Tunnel, Old Coach Road, Lithgow, New South Wales 2790 Australia
Following the historical footprint of the Wolgan Valley Railway, the Glow Worm Tunnel Hike traverses often steeply graded and densely forested slopes onto spectacular panoramic views of the Wolgan Valley. The trail meanders through fern tree laden gorges, sandstone pagodas and canyons and mountain streams to the aptly named Glow Worm Tunnel. Entering the former railway tunnel and into an environment of complete darkness, guests are treated
to what some would describe as a celestial experience – the emergence of thousands of glow worms.
The Glow Worm Tunnel Hike is a half day 9km round hike that is suitable for families to the adventure seeker.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning Tea including delicious baked goods
- Bottled water
- Use of headlamps
- Entry/Admission - Glow Worm Tunnel
- Private transportation
Start Trail to the Glow-worm Tunnel, Old Coach Rd, Wolgan Valley NSW 2790, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wolgan Valley Eco Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.