From wombats to wine, enjoy a day of Australian delights on this tour from Melbourne to Yarra Valley and Healesville Sanctuary. At the zoo, you'll see koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, emus, and other animals. Then visit a Yarra Valley winery for lunch, followed by Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. Small personalized group touring. Pickup and drop-off are included from a location in central Melbourne.
About This Deal
Your day tour starts with pickup from St Paul's Cathedral on Flinders Street in Melbourne for the roughly 1-hour drive to Yarra Valley, a popular wine and culinary region east of the city.
Spend about 2.5 hours at Healesville Sanctuary, wandering through the native bush environment to see the different animals and vegetation. The zoo is home to favorite Aussie animals like kangaroos, koalas, wombats, wallabies, and emus, plus snakes, owls, echidnas, and more. You can also check out the on-site Australian Wildlife Health Centre, where you can meet the vets and nurses who treat sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife in need of care. Hear stories about the animals as they go from rescue, treatment, and recovery to release back into the wild.
Next, head to a local winery restaurant for lunch and a full wine tasting; this usually takes about 1.5 hours. Then stop by Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery for 30 minutes for a chance to sample chocolate and purchase some sweet treats (own expense). Your tour ends with the return drive to Melbourne.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour is not available on Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise ship pickup and drop-off (available for Station Pier for AU$20 per person, cash, payable direct with a minimum of four passengers)
Princess Theatre, 163 Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wombat Tours & Transfers in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.