- The promoter is Groupon Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 147 834 151) of Level 17, 9 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW (“the Promoter”).
- Entry to the competition is open to all Groupon customers in Australia over the age of 18 years with internet access, other than employees, managers and directors of the Promoter, their related companies and agencies, and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”).
- The promotion commences on Monday 5 August 2019 12.01am AEST (the “Promotion Period”) and ends on Sunday 11 August 2019 at 11.59pm AEST (the “Promotion Period”).
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must:
- purchase an Event Cinema General Admission ticket on www.groupon.com.au during the Promotion Period.
- correctly complete the task as outlined in the competition instructions during the Promotion Period.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- One entry is permitted for each Event Cinema General Admission deal purchased through the Promoter.
PRIZE & WINNING
- One (1) entry made by Eligible Entrants will be selected as the winner by a random draw by a representative of the Promoter. The random prize draw will take place at Noon (12pm) AEST on Tuesday 13 August 2019 (“Draw Dates”) at Level 17, 9 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entry will entitle the winner to receive a private screening for the winner and up to 20 people (including the winner) and these participants will receive a welcome drink and a large 3 piece combo on arrival. Location will be decided by the winner and organised by Groupon. Event Cinemas locations can be found at www.eventcinemas.com.au. For exclusion of cinemas please see clause 15 of these terms & conditions.
- The total Prize pool value is up to $2,020, depending on location and date requested.
- The winners will be notified by email address provided and have their details published on facebook.com/groupon.au no later than 5pm AEST on Tuesday 13 August 2019.
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded Prizes due to ineligibility or other reasons, a Prize redraw will be conducted on Friday 13 September 2019 at Noon (12pm) AEST and same place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by email address provided and have their names published www.facebook.com/groupon.au no later than 5pm AEST on Friday 13 September 2019 .
- If an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change, it is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter in writing.
- The Prize is non-transferable. The winner must take the Prize as described in these Terms and conditions, and the Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This clause does not set out to limit any rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the Price.
- All ancillary costs or accessories not expressly provided are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is valid until Wednesday 18 December 2019. Valid for use at Event Cinemas, BCC, GU Film House or Greater Union locations. Not valid for use at Village Cinemas. Not valid for use in Victoria or Tasmania. We reserve the right to change any available locations.
- If for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter this competition is not capable of running as planned and the administration of this competition is affected, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to legislations in states and territories.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as the Promoter deems fit and the Promoter’s decision will be final and binding upon every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to change the Terms and conditions of the competition at any time.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or loss of profit (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in the competition and/or taking the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. In accepting the Prize, the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. All entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
NSW permit number: LTPS/19/36645
permit number: LTPS/19/32578