Ethiopian Banquet with Wine for Two ($29) or Four People ($55) at Abyssinian, Torrensville (Up to $128 Value)
- Experience traditional Mosob dining where food is shared from one plate
- Sample six dishes like the traditional favourite doro-wot (fresh chicken legs simmered in berbere sauce)
- Try sautéed lamb with black pepper and five spices
- Scoop up food with Ethiopian injera flatbread
- Choose to enjoy food mild, medium or hot
- Includes a glass of wine or African beer for each diner
- See the full menu here
• Purchase up to 3 additional as gifts
• Max 2 vouchers per booking
• Not valid on Fri-Sat
• 48-hour cancellation policy or voucher is forfeited
• Valid for eat-in, dinner only
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Valid from: 9 April 2015
• Valid to: 30 Jun 2015
• Phone to book: (08) 8443 4300
• State Voucher and Security Code at time of booking
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
• Download free Groupon app for Android and iOS
Ethiopian dining encourages sharing, a valuable skill which bonds you to your fellow humans and prevents you from eating whole chickens by yourself. Enjoy a plentiful feast with today’s Groupon for Abyssinian, Torrensville:
$29 for an Ethiopian banquet for two people (total value up to $64)
$55 for an Ethiopian banquet for four people (total value up to $128)
Groupies immerse themselves in a unique cultural experience across six traditional dishes served at the same time. Scoop up the dishes with Ethiopian injera flatbread, enjoying the flavours of doro-wat - chicken legs simmered in red chilli peppers - and lamb tibs - string lamb sautéed with black pepper and five spices. Team meats with organic split lentils simmered in Ethiopian basil and tikil gomen - cabbage, carrots, onions and tomatoes stewed in a mild sauce. Personalise your experience by choosing to have food mild, medium or hot, or opt for a vegetarian banquet upon request.
Designed to be a cut a little different from the rest, Abyssinian serves Ethiopian dishes to the diners of Torrensville. Guests are encouraged to eat with their hands and share from one plate to get an authentic African experience. Traditional dishes include beef seasoned with mitmita and cardamom to chicken simmered in berbere sauce to seafood saut, plus a whole host of vegetarian options including chickpeas, lentils and chopped spinach.
Ratings & Reviews
Very tasty good quality food, I had never thought of trying Ethiopian style food before and if you are unsure yourself you should definitely give it a go!
MrMesher, Urbanspoon, Jan 2013
Great service, amazing food. We left full, knowing we would return again. Staff were helpful, knowledgable, and the food simply delicious. Amazing value.
disco_cil, TripAdvisor, Sep 2014
Details verified 26/03/2015
Learn more about Groupon Merchant Review Policy