This Tweed Coast overnight surfing getaway provides a 2-day surf camp experience as you discover this section of the Australian coast. Surf all day, make new friends, spend the night camping, and enjoy provided meals, including an Aussie barbecue. Select your pickup location when booking; several locations are available from Brisbane to Gold Coast to Byron Bay.
About This Deal
Departing from your chosen pickup location along Australia's central Pacific coast, your overnight tour begins with the drive by luxury minibus to the Tweed Coast, a diverse cultural destination with people from all walks of life calling the area home. It is a melting pot of surfers, hippies, artists, and the rich and famous, creating an inspiring atmosphere. From mountain backdrops to beaches, fine food, and a racy nightlife, the Tweed Coast has something for everyone.
During your two days, meals are provided; enjoy healthy lunch and snacks, a continental breakfast, and an Aussie-style barbecue. You'll get back to nature as you camp overnight with provided gear; also provided is a full photo package and a T-shirt from your qualified surf coaches.
For surfing, a surfboard and wetsuit are provided for you to use during your four lessons, each 1.5 hours long. This 2-day escape will have you up and riding from a beautiful beach as you learn skills and techniques from fully accredited surf coaches. Lessons are designed for beginners through advanced surfers; in addition to the basics of surfing, you'll gain insight into ocean safety, awareness, and surfing etiquette. Your coaches have an amazing success record and are all trained in first aid.
In addition to surfing, you might also want to explore more of the Tweed Coast and its hidden gems. A lighthouse tour is included as part of your package, and you might be lucky enough to catch the annual whale migration. Optional extra activities can be arranged at an additional cost including a tour to Nimbin, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding (SUP). Your 2-day tour ends with return to Brisbane, Byron Bay, or Gold Coast.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to bring: Beach towel, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable clothing, sunglasses, swimwear, pajamas, walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- One night camping
- All camping gear and surfing equipment
- Four 1.5-hour surfing lessons
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Two lunches
- Barbecue dinner
- Professional photo package
- Transport by luxury minibus
- Lighthouse tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional activities
- Additional nights of accommodation
North Burleigh Surf Club
Returns to Gold Coast at approximately 3pm on Day 2
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian Surfing Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.