Today's Top Discount Codes & Offers
Europcar Discount Codes5Discount Codes Available
Popular Europcar Offers
|Title of Voucher Code||Discount Type||Expiry Date|
|15% Off Base Rate when you Book 5+ Days at Europcar||Online Deal||18 Sep|
|One Way Rentals from $1 at Europcar||Online Deal||06 Aug|
|Book for 3+ Days and Save 10% on Your Travel with Europcar||Online Deal||19 Aug|
|Get Premium Cover with Europcar and Save Up to 25%||Online Deal||12 Aug|
|Save 20% on Selected Travel When You Book Early with Europcar||Online Deal||23 Aug|
Q&A with Europcar
How do I find my nearest Europcar rental location?
Check the Europcar station finder to locate your nearest Europcar location where you can pick up and drop off your rental.
Can I register an additional driver with Europcar?
Yes, additional drivers can be added to the rental agreement. Specify any additional drivers when you book or, if you’ve already made your booking, you can do so in person at your Europcar station.
Can I rent a truck or van with Europcar?
Yes you can - check out the fleet selection at your nearest station.
Do Europcar vehicles come with car seats?
You can hire a baby seat or booster seat when you book, or add one to your booking with the ‘add extras tool’.
Can I amend or cancel my Europcar booking?
You can amend or cancel your booking free of charge, provided you let Europcar know at least 48 hours before the hire period is due to begin. New prices and times may apply if you make a change, so just check out the pricing before you go ahead and make a change.
A Guide to Driving in Europe with Europcar
Europcar might service the world now, but, as their name suggests, their origins lie in Europe. Things are a little different throughout Europe when it comes to taking to the road. Let’s find out more about how things work in that part of the world.
Facts About Safe Driving in Europe
- Romania leads the way in dangerous driving. The country with the highest number of deaths caused by driving is Romania. As many as 99 people out of every 1,000,000 will die on an annual basis as a result of a driving accident.
- The EU is behind its target. In 2013, the EU set itself a target of lowering the number of deaths on their roads by 50%. So far, they’re behind that target. By 2017 they aimed to have reduced fatal accidents by 38%. In reality, there was a 20% reduction.
- Fatality rates are the best they’ve ever been. But let’s not be too harsh. That 20% is a great step. In fact, current statistics actually represent the best figures the EU had ever seen. With an average death rate of 49-in-a-million, things are slowly moving in the right direction.
- Should we count Russia? Russia isn’t part of the EU. In fact, its inclusion as a part of Europe as a whole is still something which is debated by some. Interestingly, death rates here are excessively high when compared to other nations in the same region. Their figure sits at just over 200 people dead per million inhabitants.
Interesting European Driving Laws
A handful of European countries have come up with some unexpected driving rules:
- A warning triangle in France. Every car in France is required to carry a warning triangle. Until recently, it had been proposed that all vehicles would also be required to carry a breathalyser.
- Stay within the lines in Iceland. In the Scandinavian country of Iceland, rules have been enforced which require you to stay within the lines when you drive on any road. This aims to protect the endangered plants across the nation – including alongside roads.
- Don’t drink anything while driving in Cyprus. In Cyprus, it’s illegal to drink anything while behind the wheel. And when we say anything, we mean anything. Fizzy drinks, milk and even water is forbidden. The government feels it distracts too much from the road.
- Spare pair of specs in Spain. If you’re required to wear prescription lenses when driving in Spain, it’s your duty to carry a second pair with you at all times. After all, who knows when they might break?
Be sure to watch out when you’re in any of these countries.
Connect with Europcar
Call Europcar: For reservations and pre-hire queries, call 1300 13 13 90. For post-hire queries, call 1300 72 00 55.
Email Europcar: firstname.lastname@example.org