Dive Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks, one of the few dive sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean. Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtles, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish. All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay. Join a guided dive trip and let the dive crew show you one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites. Whether you are an experienced diver, recently certified or haven’t dived for some time, rest assured you will enjoy a safe and rewarding diving experience at Julian Rocks.
About This Deal
Please arrive at the Byron Bay Dive Centre at your selected departure time (either 8:00am, 11:00am or 2:00pm) and ensure you bring your certification card and log book.
Before reaching Julian Rocks, one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites you will receive a safety briefing from the skipper of the vessel, be provided with snorkel, mask, fins, wet suit, BCD, regulator, cylinder and weight belt by one of the friendly crew and instructed where to leave your bags, valuable items and personal belongings. The crew will set up the equipment and you will be required to check this prior to departure.
Transport will be provided to The Pass, where the boats are launched to take you on a very short (5-10 minute) boat ride out to the scuba diving destination. Keep a eye out for dolphins and whales (June to November) on the boat ride!
Once you reach Julian Rocks, the skipper will brief all dive guides on the area you will be diving! The crew will assist you into your equipment and you will perform a buddy check before entering the water. You can then enjoy up to 50-minutes in the water scuba diving with three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish.
For all dive tours you have a dive guide to show you around and ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
When you return to the dive shop there are hot showers and the dive crew will help you fill out your logbooks and identify some of the creatures you saw.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- You must be a certified diver and have dived within the last 12 months (otherwise a refresher will need to be completed prior to the dive).
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Use of scuba diving equipment (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, BCD, regulators, cylinder, weight belt)
- Dive guide
- Lockers, and wet and dry storage area
- Boat transfers
- Bottled water on board the vessel
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Byron Bay Dive Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.