This great value small-group tour includes transfers from your hotel or port to Kuranda. Travel past fields of Sugar Cane and ascend the magnificent Macalister Range through beautiful rainforest on the Kennedy Highway, named after the famous explorer. After a brief tour of the village itself you will be dropped off and will have over 3 hours to shop, eat and explore.
After your free time in Kuranda, make your way to the nearby Kuranda Railway Station to board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a journey through the rainforest that takes you over 37 bridges and through 15 tunnels. You will be met at Freshwater Station for your transfer back to your hotel or port, arriving approximately 4pm. Alternatively, you may choose to travel onwards to Cairns Station and walk to your city accommodation.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuranda, Kuranda, Queensland
After your bus transfer to Kuranda with commentary, you will have about 3 hours explore, shop and eat on your own. It's a short walk to the train station, alternately use the free shuttle bus that leaves near the Butterfly sanctuary. On the way we may drop off some customers at the Skyrail.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kuranda Scenic Railway, Freshwater QLD 4870, Australia
Board the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway for a narrated journey . Travel through World Heritage Listed rainforest through 15 tunnels and over 37 bridges as you make your way to Freshwater Station.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- I can generally only offer pickup at the hotels listed upon checkout. For special cases or if the hotel is not listed please contact me
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail has their own robust Covid-19 safety plan.
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel or port by air-conditioned bus.
- Kuranda map and visitors guide.
- Three hours free time to explore Kuranda village & famous Heritage Markets.
- One-way journey on the Kuranda Scenic Rail departing Kuranda at 2pm.
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Scenic Railway
Traveler pickup is offered
Air conditioned transfer available from selected hotels Cairns city and inner suburbs. I regret I can not offer transfers to customers staying on the northern beaches, Machan's, Holloways, Trinity, Kewarra, Clifton Beaches, Palm Cove or Yorkey's Knob
- Trinity Wharf
6 to 7 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cairns Custom Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.