We are the only vineyard in the region with a collection of aged vintages all made in the old world style available for tasting and purchase all guaranteed to be grown and made on the estate. Comparing them with the Contentious Character new world range is a fun and informative experience enjoyed by all.
About This Deal
Tour of the winery with a premium tasting held by the winemaker himself, Sumptuous three course lunch, take home two of your favourite bottles or enjoy them over lunch.
Spoil the wine lover in your life with a luxury experience they'll never forget! This visit to boutique winery Contentious Character, set in the hills of Wamboin and located just 30km east of Canberra, is directed by the winemaker himself. Jeremy will take you on a special private tour of the winemaking facility and vineyard, where you'll learn how their wines are made from grape to bottle. Next, you'll each receive a consultation on your tastes and interests before he brings out some of the best bottles in the cellar! From aged wines to more recent vintages, choose from seven varieties – Riesling, chardonnay, pinot gris, pinot noir, shiraz, merlot and cabernet. After sampling up to four fine wines each, you'll select two of your favourite bottles collectively. Take them home to be opened on a special occasion or instead enjoy them over a delicious three course lunch. sit down for a leisurely lunch overlooking the vines, indulging in contemporary Australian dishes.
• Home made Gnocchi - Home made Gnocchi is a favourite!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - 3 course lunch- entree, main and dessert
- Alcoholic Beverages - Private tasting with winemaker in cellar of 8 to 12 wines
- Snacks - Cheese Platter is included while wine tasting before lunch
810 Norton Rd, Wamboin NSW 2620, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Contentious Character in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.