Escape to the countryside for a few hours of pure indulgence! Tantalise your senses with a wine tasting session of aged and recent vintages all with a tasting plate of beautifully matched food elements, at this boutique winery. Afterwards, tuck into a two course lunch made with fresh regional produce, perfectly paired with a glass of wine.
About This Deal
Treat yourself and a loved one to an unforgettable gourmet experience at Contentious Character, set in the hills of Wamboin. Located just 30km east of Canberra, this boutique vineyard estate holds a winery, cellar door and restaurant. Your experience begins with a tasting of up to 12 vintage wines – if you're up for it! Sip, swirl and savour an extensive range of aged vintages from their Founders Museum Collection, followed by a range of recent vintages. Enjoy a tasting plate of 12 matched food elements while tasting including home made preserves such as Cherry merlot jam, Contentious Chutney, Chilli honey, crackers and home made foccacia, 4 cheeses, cold meat selection, mussels, and smoked trout. Afterwards choose a main course and dessert for lunch that blends traditional Italian flair with contemporary Australian dishes, perfectly complementing their wine range. Choose to dine on the deck, lawn or inside with the fire blazing, depending on the season. The menu changes regularly to reflect the freshest, seasonal produce sourced from regional suppliers. Two or more options are available for each course.
• Roast free range chicken - wood fired free range chicken served with Pizzaola
• Vine Leaves preserved lemon, yoghurt - Home made with vine leaves from the vineyard
• Chocolate Mousse - With Australian native Wattlseed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - 3 course lunch - entree, main and dessert
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting of 8 wines across old world and new world styles; recent and aged vintages
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Contentious Character in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.