Enjoy an action packed day of canyoning in Tasmania’s wilderness world heritage area of Cradle Mountain. With no experience required, this full day tour is for all travelers looking for an adventurous and challenging day out. Experience abseiling into the canyon, freestyle falls and jumps of seven yards into the deep pool below. Continue through the canyon, encountering five more waterfalls before visiting the Laundry Shoot a ten meter high natural waterslide that spits canyoners out from a cave into a big open pool.
What You'll Get
Your tour begins at the Cradle Mountain Canyons office early morning where you will be kitted out with wetsuits and other gear before traveling a short distance by bus to your first stop.
Begin your day with a 45-minute walk into the canyon passing through spectacular button grass plains, ancient rain forests while taking in incredible views of Cradle Mountain.
After a thorough safety talk from an experienced and qualified guide,abseil into the canyon where you can spend approximately three hours in the canyon, jumping and sliding off waterfalls, walking and floating through the calm stretches in between. In all, there are six waterfalls to get down. The highest jump is about seven meters. As there is no way for you to walk around each waterfall, you will need to abseil or jump down each waterfall.
At the end of the tour there is an approximately one hour walk out of the canyon. The first twenty minutes of this is up a steep hill in a wetsuit to get back to where dry clothes have been left (definitely the hardest part of the day physically). Groups then drive back to the office where the tour began and have the option to purchase photos of the tour.
End your day after a short bus trip back to Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 15
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Weather: tour subject to safety conditions. If conditions are deemed unsafe, tour may be moved to an alternate location. If tour is cancelled, participants will receive a full refund.
- All participants must be able to swim
- Please advise any relevant medical conditions or preexisting injuries at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Two qualified and experienced guides
- All equipment
- All activities
- Transfers from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre
- National Park Fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre, 4057 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain TAS 7306, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cradle Mountain Canyons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.