Enjoy an action packed day of canyoning in Tasmania's wilderness world heritage area of Cradle Mountain. With no experience required, this full day tour is for all travelers looking for an adventurous and challenging day out. Experience abseiling into the canyon, freestyle falls and jumps of seven yards into the deep pool below. Continue through the canyon, encountering five more waterfalls before visiting the Laundry Shoot a ten meter high natural waterslide that spits canyoners out from a cave into a big open pool.
What You'll Get
After meeting at our office, the guides will give you a run down of how the day is going to go and kit you out with wetsuits and other gear and give you a pack to carry it all in. We then pile in our bus and drive about five min to the entrance to the National Park.
We than have a 30 min walk to the top of the canyon. At this point, we put on the wetsuits and the guides give you a thorough safety briefing before the first real challenge of the day - the abseil into the canyon.
Once in the canyon, we walk, float, jump and slide our way downstream. The main challenges are the six waterfalls that we come across. Each presents a unique challenge and we tackle them each a different way. Some we ump off, others we slide off and one we abseil off.
This is a super fun tour with great variety and excitement. As an added bonus, it all takes places in a stunning canyon surrounded by some of the most pristine rainforest you will find anywhere.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 15
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Weather: tour subject to safety conditions. If conditions are deemed unsafe, tour may be moved to an alternate location. If tour is cancelled, participants will receive a full refund.
- All participants must be able to swim
- Please advise any relevant medical conditions or preexisting injuries at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Two qualified and experienced guides
- All equipment
- All activities
- Transfers from the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre
- National Park Fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre, 4057 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain TAS 7306, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cradle Mountain Canyons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.